GDT: Preseason game #3: Devils @ Islanders

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Frickin Kennedy.

Mr Piggy trying to redeem himself.

He'll provide some offense.... until he gets a one way contract.:rant:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm kind of annoyed that a couple of the goals we're getting are from some of the jabroni's.

Particularly Kennedy and that bum Sislo.

Kennedy is not so much of an untalented and terrible player, he's just so prone to going invisible and doing stupid things for very long stretches. It annoys me that he seems motivated at certain times more than others, then he gets lazy and goes completely invisible for months at time.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
AHL, preferably.

But most likely he'll be on the Devils 4th line.

I think both Stemp and Kennedy make the team somehow.....

This would definitely involve at least making one of the guys like Gionta an extra forward.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As much as I think Ruutu got shafted, these two guys (even though I believe Kennedy will go invisible) have showed more than Ruutu has. Is it really a big deal if Ruutu becomes the extra forward, or at least while the team is healthy?

People always seem like ''Well you can't scratch him cause it sends a bad message to the team and he's a well respected vet in the room'' when a player like this is scratched. But he's gone next year anyway, so who cares? And who cares if it's a waste of $3+ million? Especially if we can replace what he does with under a million?

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Would anyone be opposed to trying stempniak with zajac-cammalleri if tlusty isn't a good fit there?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
missed the end, why is everyone saying Kennedy wont make the team?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Kennedy's always been an above-average forward, but there's a reason he's best known in the NHL for being a depth player on a strong 3rd line. If he gets slotted above his talent level for "competing hard" and doing "the right things on the ice" we're gonna have another Ponikarovsky/Bernier/Zubrus/Tootoo on our hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad