GDT: Preseason game #3: Devils @ Islanders

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Send everyone that is eligible back to juniors please. I don't want anybody that has a sliver on potential to be rushed because our new coach wants to try and impress in his first year. Over ripen them and have them ready for a few years away.

Just sign any NHL/AHL plugs to fill in this year and beyond.

What? Last season people were complaining that management wasn't giving a chance to the young guys.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Da **** is a gaslight and why does it have a anthem?

It's supposed to be a reference to the light in the car that comes on when the tank is almost empty. Like the songs that go with you being screwed, almost screwed... almost have nothing left...

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
It's supposed to be a reference to the light in the car that comes on when the tank is almost empty. Like the songs that go with you being screwed, almost screwed... almost have nothing left...

While that might make sense, that is not where the band got their name from. They got it from the name of a bar called Gaslight Cafe in NY where people like Bob Dylan used to come in and play.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
While that might make sense, that is not where the band got their name from. They got it from the name of a bar called Gaslight Cafe in NY where people like Bob Dylan used to come in and play.

Good for you.... you know things!!!!!

Haha just being sarcastic. Yeah I had no idea so I figured I would take a stab at it. I'm more of a Flatliners fan.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
TG makes a big deal about it because we can't do it. What does "score by committee" mean? We get our one goal/game from a different guy each night? I mean this but unfortunately we are only a couple of forwards away from having expansion level talent at the forward positions. It's that bad. Like Tyler Kennedy vs. Gionta is going to make any difference when we still have so little top end talent.

As I said in the first post, look at the lineups. There's only been one NHL-quality line for each game. Hynes' bottom-9 has been a hodgepodge of kids, vets, 4th liners, tryouts, and AHL plugs. We haven't iced anything close to what our opening night roster is gonna look like. It's hilarious to me that anyone is losing hope (not that there should be much) because a bunch of plugs and future plugs can't score goals against better and more prepared lineups in preseason.

"A couple forwards away" from expansion level talent is not expansion-level talent. When the NHL team goes multiple 3-game stretches with one 5v5 goal, I'll be concerned. Until then, it's nothing to freak out about.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I just stumbled across the highlight of last years pre season game against the Islanders and it's weird how alike they were.

I'll post the video, but after watching three minutes, this is what happened:

Pulock scored off a one-timer after a scramble of the net in front -- similar to Hamonic's goal.

McDonald scored off a give away from Kinkaid -- Schneider's gaffe last night.

Matteau had a breakaway that was stopped by the Islanders goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00