Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game 2 = win

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'd have Eyssimont as the first guy on the ice on the penalty kill. High motor, battles hard, some skill. He really does give off Marchand/Burrows vibes.

We can't ice 16 F's make up your minds :laugh:.

Lots of competition for those last few spots. Saku looked good, as did Torg but he's definitely Moose bound. Eyssimont, Gus, Barron if he gets healthy to get a look, Toninato though I'm not high on him.

All the media are raving about Stenlund at practices too.

Reactions: hn777

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
I like how Heinola's gaffe was doing exactly what lead to his goal and what Bowness wanted him to do, but no forward covered for him so it's all his fault.
Heinola played well, so did Slamberg, but Ville stood out.
But Essy and Torquerson, they were outstanding..
‘Glad the coaches have a few more games to blend lines..

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Things I liked:

Hellebuyck in mid season form.
Hellebuyck faced only 22 shots instead of 40+
Eyssimont and Maenalanan were noticeable.
Wheeler killing penalties instead of Kyle Connor
Ehlers on the first power play unit

200.webp

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Better later in the game but definitely the worst dman overall (Lundmark was kind of just a guy who was there for the most part)

That was Lundmarks first ever nhl game of any kind tho and he looked like he settled down as the game progressed

Pionk has looked like he did for atleast 1.5 seasons

Trade Pionk, Dubois and send Wheeler to Maurice cuz I want to see Blake with Paul again so very badly I just don't want it on my team

Reactions: DSmail

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
I didn't like the game and it was mainly on the vetern players. Connor and Ehlers looked good carrying the puck but overall there were way to many long and medium passes that were not accomplishing anything even if they were completed.

Henola and Samberg are both much more effective than Stanley. Torgersson has that goal scorers knack of finding open space near the net at just the right time. I don't see him on the team this year but if he can keep it up the Jets will need to find a way to get him on the roster and on the PP next year.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Eyssimont was good, but I think Mäenalanen is solidifying a spot on the 4th line which probably leaves Eyssimont waiting for a call up. I think he's the first forward called up though.

Reactions: hn777 and MardyBum

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Eyssimont was good, but I think Mäenalanen is solidifying a spot on the 4th line which probably leaves Eyssimont waiting for a call up. I think he's the first forward called up though.
That may be, but it’s certainly encouraging that we have several choices now who can add done offense in the bottom 6. Plus we still have Barron who has yet to play. Lots of good options this year.

Damn. BONES saying shifts 2 long and says if you wanna stay out for 55 seconds... yeesh

55 Is Scheif
Hmmm, interesting choice of number there.
Scheifele was showing some of the same bad habits as last year.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Listening to Bowness' post game on CJOB.

He's really good at giving direct answers about what we did wrong.

"Shifts are too long resulting in playing slow."

"The veterans cannot be the issue, the veterans need to lead the way."

"Lots of bad habits."

I've been saying this for at least 4 years now. The Jets top line has been playing long slow shifts for years and PM tolerated it and if you go by the presser where he complemented them for it he even encouraged it. It's also going to cause locker room issues if your leaders are encouraged to do things other players get benched for.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I've been saying this for at least 4 years now. The Jets top line has been playing long slow shifts for years and PM tolerated it and if you go by the presser where he complemented them for it he even encouraged it. It's also going to cause locker room issues if your leaders are encouraged to do things other players get benched for.

That whole line was guilty of taking long shifts.

It's just so refreshing to hear our head coach recognize the problem and call the "veteran" players out! :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad