GDT: Preseason Game #2 | Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators | lol LeafsTV edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
In this game it's Hunwick/Phaneuf, Harrington/Robidas, Valiev/Brennan.

I'm only half-watching but he's looked pretty good considering

Okay, I'm going to watch out for these guys. What are the forward lines again?

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015
Kapanen has the tools and works pretty hard out there. A year in the AHL would do him some good and he'll probably be ready for next year.

I think he's trying to be too fancy; that backhand pass on the offensive blue line. At least when he makes a mistake he gets back to fix it

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I think he's trying to be too fancy; that backhand pass on the offensive blue line. At least when he makes a mistake he gets back to fix it

Yea, that was a cliche rookie mistake there. Love his skillset though.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Well just because he doesn't have his bad game doesn't mean he won't be good, but we all know he's going to get cut. Same with Harrington. I'm just watching whose good and guys whom are seriously fighting for a spot (like Hunwick for example) that need to impress.

I haven't seen much of Hunwick, but I've not been overly impressed. Marincin has looked better and could steal his spot.

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015
Well just because he doesn't have his bad game doesn't mean he won't be good, but we all know he's going to get cut. Same with Harrington. I'm just watching whose good and guys whom are seriously fighting for a spot (like Hunwick for example) that need to impress.

I haven't seen much of Hunwick, but I've not been overly impressed. Marincin has looked better and could steal his spot.

The D in this game have not looked fantastic in general. I agree about Marincin

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012

Been watching both games and I havnt been that impressed with the D overall. Bernier made some key stops to cover up some bad coverage in the other game or the score would similar to this game.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
The PK is lacking. I mean that PP is impressive, but you've got to be better than that.

They just don't look like they've got the system down yet. Penalties have killed us more anything else.

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015
Been watching both games and I havnt been that impressed with the D overall. Bernier made some key stops to cover up some bad coverage in the other game or the score would similar to this game.

Yeep, better o-zone time and possession in the other game too to cover it up

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Hunwick has looked particularly bad. Like can you stop anyone please? Phaneuf has had nothing to work with AGAIN, and Reimer is getting hung out to dry again. He's let in some bad PK goals, but the PK was just as awful and he's made up for it by covering their ass on numerous occasions.

Bigblue

Sep 20, 2009

LOL...it's the first game. Have you been watching Loov? He is having a monster night.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
LOL...it's the first game. Have you been watching Loov? He is having a monster night.

I'm not saying some Dmen arnt playing well, just that I was hoping for a little more. Maybe I was just feeling down after seeing Gardiner getting beat at the same time Hunwick was walked around lol.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Hunwick has looked particularly bad. Like can you stop anyone please? Phaneuf has had nothing to work with AGAIN, and Reimer is getting hung out to dry again. He's let in some bad PK goals, but the PK was just as awful and he's made up for it by covering their ass on numerous occasions.

It's preseason man...

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015

PK coverage was gross. 2nd OTT goal was kinda soft; hopefully as camp narrows down and everyone starts to gel, our goalies won't have to bail everyone out

It's not just the defensemen; it's offensive zone turnovers, poor entries, and lack of coverage from forwards too. This game is very different than the other, which was maybe to be expected

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Brennan may have scored, but he can't play defense.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008

That guy has been a standout for sure.

Great shot and not afraid to use it! Loved his play tonight! Great to have a threat like that on the backend.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
PK coverage was gross. 2nd OTT goal was kinda soft; hopefully as camp narrows down and everyone starts to gel, our goalies won't have to bail everyone out

It's not just the defensemen; it's offensive zone turnovers, poor entries, and lack of coverage from forwards too. This game is very different than the other, which was maybe to be expected

Well, the team in Ottawa would be the 2nd. team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad