Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
EErrhpaW4AEiP4z

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The Kivi-Lilly pairing is intriguing.

I could see it
It would be nice but does it work in terms of penalty killers?
With Dermott out, the PK defenceman would be Muzzin, Ceci, Rielly. I don't think Babcock uses Barrie on the penalty kill, and probably isn't using Kivihalme or Lilly. I think Lilly would do fine on the PK but Babcock likely isn't using him there.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Sandin on his offside? I thought Babcock wanted the best puck mover on his strong side in the normal course of things?

I think Babs said something about Sandin being able to learn the right side because he was young...but I honestly don't remember where I heard that....or if that accurately reflects what he said.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Looking forward to this game a lot more than the previous one....where I was only really interested in how Barrie looked. I want to see how Ceci, Harpur, Sandin, Kivihalme and Liljegren look, along with Kerfoot and Mik. Plus it should be a stronger lineup from the Ottawa side.

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
Looking forward to seeing what Mikheyev can do out there. A big, really fast forward is always a good asset to have, they just need to get some more weight on him. By the sounds of it we got quite a bit faster than we already were last year. Hopefully things gel quickly.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Sandin on his offside? I thought Babcock wanted the best puck mover on his strong side in the normal course of things?

This is a major compliment to Sandin. Sandin might have the right side 3rd pair lead to start the year. I cant see 2 rookies on the 3rd pair. I cant see Liljegren beating out Sandin even if Sandin was judged on his off side.

Sandin is the player im most interested in tomorrow. If Sandin was a long shot for the 3rd pair LD he wouldnt be put as an RD. His poise and IQ is special he is very tough to predict and that opens the ice up. Im pretty sure he will shine tomorrow.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I think Babs said something about Sandin being able to learn the right side because he was young...but I honestly don't remember where I heard that....or if that accurately reflects what he said.

I'm a bit surprised were trying it in an NHL pre-season game, the kids highly skilled so I think he can do it but it's going to be tough doing that with a very average partner

This is a major compliment to Sandin. Sandin might have the right side 3rd pair lead to start the year. I cant see 2 rookies on the 3rd pair. I cant see Liljegren beating out Sandin even if Sandin was judged on his off side.

Sandin is the player im most interested in tomorrow. If Sandin was a long shot for the 3rd pair LD he wouldnt be put as an RD. His poise and IQ is special he is very tough to predict and that opens the ice up. Im pretty sure he will shine tomorrow.

I'd cool my Jets on that one

Liljegren was an absolute rock for the Marlies late last season and that team really leaned on him because Sandin was starting to show some cracks at that point

If it's between the two for the 3rd pair RD I'd take Liljegren or even Schwartz currently

Reactions: qqaz and kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad