Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #2 - Toronto at Ottawa, Sept 18th -- 19:30 TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
I know this is the wrong place but does anyone know if players not on the main roster can practice with the team? We keep talking about carrying a 21 man roster, but what prevents us from sending a guy to the minors and just sticking around the team and practicing with them? I.E. Spezza who most likely would not play in the minors, would probably retire before that, but if we sent him down and he cleared waivers, still went to Marlies practices because I know they have to do at least that, can he still practice with the Leafs also?

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
This isn't Ottawa man ... Their 3rd pairing standards aren't Leafs standards.

That being said, search up 'Harpur slow' on Twitter. Have fun reading Sens fans hate on his slowness lol.

Ben Harpur a.k.a Jarden Cowen 2.0

In all seriousness, I do hope he becomes a clutch defender. But at this point of time, he's not even close.
Totally agree. The Leafs were positioning themselves to accommodate cap room. Harpur will be 8th or 9th option this season.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
He finna kick in some rear ends and hard at that sire. Harpur has the sezise, the bigs, the guns and the toughness. He that hard. He will shakesphere thangs and suckas up so hard they won't even remember it was yesterday. Harpur will be our robocop, our predator and john rambo in the same blood. He will kick in doors and rob mothas so blind they can't even understand. But its life so it'll be aaight. Harpur was one of the most surprising sucka moves we did during summer and dubas will lift his persona up to the hilt. Statues is what I'm talkin bout mayne.
"Statue" might just be the right word here, Coach!

There's a lot to love about Harpur, and Babcock looks like he might be falling for him, but he did look very slow more than a few times in his one and only game with the Leafs.

I don't know much else about him, but I have a hunch that Harpur is a bit more likely to be a statue than to have one built for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad