GDT: Preseason game 2 Bruins vs Rangers 7 PM MSG

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I didn't love the first preseason game, like everybody. But I did like Gallant's responses to it. I thought he nailed what I was seeing (so obviously the right thing), addressing the lack of puck support up the ice and all four guys without the puck playing like NFL wide receivers no matter what was happening.

It'll take some time to get the players to do it the right way, but I'm encouraged that the coach verbalizes what that looks like.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
There’s a 7-page thread bitching about the lack of intensity from veteran players in a preseason game. Is my comment really moving the needle?
Complaining about McKegg on the powerplay over Rooney, Reaves, Gettinger and Brodzinski moves the needle for me, yes.

Reactions: Kords

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
So by “compete,” Gallant meant “play.”

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Greco, Ronning, Geertsen, Robertson not dressed in the 2nd of 6 preseason games doesn't bode well for them. Did I miss anyone else?
Kinkaid falls under this category too, but Kinkaid is Kinkaid.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Boston lineup sucks too. Big names better do something or i'm out on this season

Rangers start the preseason 0-2
Half of HFNYR
61900D0C-DC28-40B9-920A-A54CB9673050.gif

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I didn't love the first preseason game, like everybody. But I did like Gallant's responses to it. I thought he nailed what I was seeing (so obviously the right thing), addressing the lack of puck support up the ice and all four guys without the puck playing like NFL wide receivers no matter what was happening.

It'll take some time to get the players to do it the right way, but I'm encouraged that the coach verbalizes what that looks like.
Agreed. Watching that was truly painful but very encouraging that he saw the issue and they focused on it the next day at practice.

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
Greco, Ronning, Geertsen, Robertson not dressed in the 2nd of 6 preseason games doesn't bode well for them. Did I miss anyone else?
Kinkaid falls under this category too, but Kinkaid is Kinkaid.

Maybe just bodies for practice? First 3 are Hartford vets, going down next couple of days is what I'm guessing.

Reactions: Osminator

SchneidersPretzels

Feb 18, 2021
Should score a MINIMUM of 5 goals on baby brodeur.

Bruins are icing a pretty bad lineup tonight. Not a single top 9 forward or top 4 defenseman

Their best forward tonight will be Tomas Nosek, a good 4C, but yikes. Their best defenseman will be your choice of John Moore or Mike Rielly. Ullmark is starting, but there’s no reason for us not to blow them out. After Nosek and Moore, their next best player is Curtis Lazar.

Here’s the Bruins roster for tonight’s game, no idea who’s actually playing yet, only Ullmark is confirmed

Forwards: Samuel Asselin, Anton Blidh, Matt Filipe, Trent Frederic, Jesper Froden, Cam Hughes, Joona Koppanen, Curtis Lazar, Fabian Lysell, Tomas Nosek, Zach Senyshyn, Oskar Steen and Jack Studnicka

Defenseman: Jack Ahcan, Tyler Lewington, Brady Lyle, John Moore, Mike Reilly, Urho Vaakanainen and Nick Wolff

Goaltenders: Jeremy Brodeur, Kyle Keyser and Linus Ullmark

Hoping for a Kakko hat trick but realistically expecting 4-1 Boston win with our goal coming from McKegg

It is only pre-season, but it’ll be a huge red flag if we somehow manage to play down to our opponent as we always did last season. You can excuse game 1 of pre-season, but there’s no excuse for losing this game or even going to OT/SO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad