GDT: Preseason game 2 Bruins vs Rangers 7 PM MSG

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
My MSG feed for the first game just completely shit itself during the first. Hoping I get to actually, like..watch the game tonight.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Also, getting in an early, yes this was a bad team. One line, a 4th line and a bunch of AHL players. One of these days soon we'll see something resembling the full team.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Looking forward to watching Reaves and Blais play.

I think that line is going to be a real shot in the arm and will be out there opening night.

Also Jones and Schneider will be a nice pair to watch.

Re: Blais- didnt know he was French-Canadian - nice to have another to go along with Laf and Gauthier.Doesnt hurt to have small groups of countrymen on the same team. Need another Fin for Kakko. And hes younger than I thought... 25? AND with a Cup already? Ok.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Re: Blais- didnt know he was French-Canadian - nice to have another to go along with Laf and Gauthier.Doesnt hurt to have small groups of countrymen on the same team. Need another Fin for Kakko. And hes younger than I thought... 25? AND with a Cup already? Ok.
This topic was brought up by another poster (can't remember who it was and in what thread)...

While Hartford is not far away in NHL/North American context (2 hours or something like that), what if the Rangers had their AHL affiliate still closer? In Brooklyn or something, whatever. That would probably increase the chances of your coaches/GMs to be able to watch the prospects more, would make it easier for the guys to make friends with the group etc. So in the case of Kakko, what if he could live with Reunanen and Pajuniemi (well, I guess not with Reunanen since he lives with his GF)? They might not be doing the same things every day because they are on different teams, but off ice communication would be easier.

That said, the Rangers are pretty well off compared to what the Cannucks were doing with Utica, or Florida teams.

Reactions: Number 9

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Miller over Jones on PP1 is... not a great idea.

They'll probably figure that out sooner than later.

Too bad Robertson doesn't get a look.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Damn Reunanen has been assigned to Hartford already. Not even one pre-season game?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Yeah Im not sure I get it either.

I know we have a ton of depth, but there are actual NHL teams he can be a regular on right now.
Exactly. Why not give him a game at the very least? He had 17 points in 21 AHL games last season and didn’t look out of place in his brief NHL stint

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Bruins are icing a pretty bad lineup tonight. Not a single top 9 forward or top 4 defenseman

Their best forward tonight will be Tomas Nosek, a good 4C, but yikes. Their best defenseman will be your choice of John Moore or Mike Rielly. Ullmark is starting, but there’s no reason for us not to blow them out. After Nosek and Moore, their next best player is Curtis Lazar.

Here’s the Bruins roster for tonight’s game, no idea who’s actually playing yet, only Ullmark is confirmed

Forwards: Samuel Asselin, Anton Blidh, Matt Filipe, Trent Frederic, Jesper Froden, Cam Hughes, Joona Koppanen, Curtis Lazar, Fabian Lysell, Tomas Nosek, Zach Senyshyn, Oskar Steen and Jack Studnicka

Defenseman: Jack Ahcan, Tyler Lewington, Brady Lyle, John Moore, Mike Reilly, Urho Vaakanainen and Nick Wolff

Goaltenders: Jeremy Brodeur, Kyle Keyser and Linus Ullmark

Hoping for a Kakko hat trick but realistically expecting 4-1 Boston win with our goal coming from McKegg

It is only pre-season, but it’ll be a huge red flag if we somehow manage to play down to our opponent as we always did last season. You can excuse game 1 of pre-season, but there’s no excuse for losing this game or even going to OT/SO

Last edited:
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad