GDT: Preseason Game #1 | Detroit Red Wings at Pittsburgh Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier Laflamme*

^^ Main reason I finally stopped keeping him in a fantasy keeper league. The guy is one of the best in the world but just cannot stay healthy. Shame because he's worth every penny of a ticket price.

And there is no way I believe Scuds checked anyone.

The partition did more than anything. I give scuds no credit.

penguins2946*

I missed the 2nd half of the game, how did Bennett, Hornqvist, Despres and Spaling look?

penguins2946*

Hornqvist was making me tired watching him work. He's going to help Malkin find a lot of loose pucks.

Hornqvist Malkin BB

C'mon Dan.

I just want that line so I can call it the Horny Russian Beauner line

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
I missed the game tonight, but saw someone early in this thread noted that the game is going to be re-broadcast on NHL Network tomorrow...anyone have a time on that?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
MJ mentions Farnham by name. Loved that.
Said the constant PK'ing tired out his key guys and Rossi with the obigatory dunce hat question.

[NHL]632049[/NHL]

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens currently have three contracts Kunitz, Dupuis and Scuderi that they can't do anything this year. No question next year the Pens will have to eat some money to move them. Atlanta Braves fired the GM for bad contracts for under performing players. That is what happens when a GM is lazy and just has no options or makes a really stupid decision.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
MJ mentions Farnham by name. Loved that.
Said the constant PK'ing tired out his key guys and Rossi with the obigatory dunce hat question.

[NHL]632049[/NHL]

This warms my heart.

Pens currently have three contracts Kunitz, Dupuis and Scuderi that they can't do anything this year. No question next year the Pens will have to eat some money to move them. Atlanta Braves fired the GM for bad contracts for under performing players. That is what happens when a GM is lazy and just has no options or makes a really stupid decision.

Kunitz doesn't belong in that group, he could be moved easily if they wanted to.

penguins2946*

:whaaa?:

It's almost like Kunitz just had a 35 goal, 70 point season

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
It's so weird to watch a post-game press conference without an extended moment of silence after every question.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Wow. He starts the press conference off praising Farnham. That's awesome.

It's alarming to hear someone respond to a question so quickly. Scary.

penguins2946*

I like what he said about Bennett. It seems like he had an absolutely phenomenal game.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Yeah, not surprised. Didn't look too good after the hit.

yikes. that was a pretty solid hit by scuderi.

it's things like this that makes me perfectly okay with Malkin and Crosby sitting out parts of the preseason.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Just pause the clip for about 10 seconds after every question. It'll help ease the transition.

:laugh:

I'll have to try that next time.

I like what he said about Bennett. It seems like he had an absolutely phenomenal game.

He did. It was fun to watch him play his game. You could really see his creativity, and he clearly has the best offensive instincts out of everyone we iced tonight. I think he's going to have a great season. The coaching change will be huge for both him and Despres.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm not a fan of that press conference.

Johnston wasn't drinking nearly enough water, maybe that flies in the WHL pal, but here in the big leagues we stay hydrated!

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I will say that I think Scuderi was making an effort to adapt, he may have pinched, he hit someone and I think he successfully made a pass over some distance. It's just that that's him trying... and he still spent so much time off his skates. At one point his ass was facing the play for a second.

Jason Mackey ‏@Mackey_Trib
Latest #TribHKY Chipped Ice entry has all your #Pens links, plus plenty more from Monday's 2-1 loss to Detroit: http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/#axzz3Dc4BHvPI

It's pretty standard.

The Penguins fared well in the faceoff circle, better than I thought. They won 28 of 47 draws for a 60-percent success rate. Center Brandon Sutter went 14-5 for an absurd 74-percent mark. Jean-Sebastien Dea, who’s had an impressive camp and rookie tournament, won four of his five draws.

Johnston speaking continues to be a treat. Talk about low standards, though, all he has to do is not take 10-15 second pauses and stammer something weird out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad