GDT: Preseason Game "1": Coyotes @ Ducks - 7PM

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
EDIT: Ducks broadcast talking up the Coyotes so that's nice. Though they kinda buy the what's his face actually quit narrative which is amusing.

I think I've underestimated what Fischer can do.

Need to see(hear lol) him against a defense headlined by better names than Bieksa and Fowler.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Need to see(hear lol) him against a defense headlined by better names than Bieksa and Fowler.

Not just referring to this game. Some how I've pretty much ignored the existence of Fischer for some reason. 3 goals in 7 games last season in the NHL and 47 points in 57 games in the AHL.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Fischer

Last year - Fischer was good enough to stay after he came up but they-(Management) had planned for him to come up and go back down no matter how he played. Since the season was out of reach at that point.

I think Fischer will make the team. He has stuff to work on. But I think he can be good at both ends of the ice.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Three point nights for Fischer and Keller. Domi with two, Strome a +2 with an assist. I call that a very successful preseason game for the kids.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Last year - Fischer was good enough to stay after he came up but they-(Management) had planned for him to come up and go back down no matter how he played. Since the season was out of reach at that point.

I think Fischer will make the team. He has stuff to work on. But I think he can be good at both ends of the ice.

Last year we were filled with rookies on the team. This year I see the big three: Strome Keller and Fischer.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Perlini? Dvorak?

Dvorak doesn't count, he has a whole year of NHL hockey, Perlini has close enough to a year. They're old news :sarcasm:

Really though we've seen what both of them can do last year, I wanted to see what Strome Keller and Fischer can do. Youngins is a relative term sometimes.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Last year we were filled with rookies on the team. This year I see the big three: Strome Keller and Fischer.

I am interested to see how Strome plays. I think Keller will be good. Might take him a bit - plus he needs the right linemates.

I think Fischer impressed everyone with his short stint. That he could play at the NHL level.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I really thought Fischer had a spot locked up along with Perlini and Dvo of course. Strome and Keller have to show something. Keller busted out huge. We'll have to hear what the coaches say about Strome since with only have the 1 assist and +2 to go off of. Overall though you have to love the contributions of the young talent tonight. Can't wait til 10/7.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Most important thing about this is that our skill players are getting things done. Pretty much what you want out of pre-season.

I won't be impressed until Keller and Duclair can get it in deep and make them go 200 feet while working the boards. All this using the middle of the ice stuff is for the birds.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I think Fischer's got his spot sewn up. Right shot, and he's shown a scoring touch.

Keller had a great game but I think he's still on the bubble.

I could see Strome starting in the AHL this year.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Hinterland will probably still find something to hate about him.

Unless there's a way to still watch the game - no. I was unable to watch. I'm more than happy if Keller had a good game but so far he's been terrible in Coyotes uniform. All the games should still be online if you don't believe me.

If you say Keller had a great game then I'm happy to believe you. I'm more interested in his overall level than the scoring output though. I know he can score but I'm not sure where his game is at.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think Fischer's got his spot sewn up. Right shot, and he's shown a scoring touch.

Keller had a great game but I think he's still on the bubble.

I could see Strome starting in the AHL this year.

It's only one preseason game. We have a half dozen or so to go, so while some impressed in this game, it's way to early to determine where they play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad