BRUINS GDT Preseason G6 3:07 PM - Rockford IceHogs at BRUINS - NESNPlus, NHLN (US), WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Haha it’s funny cuz it is a AHL team

and now these poor players have to go here

upload_2019-9-28_17-13-17.png

ROCKFORD — Rockford has landed on another “bad” list, coming in 16th among the 50 worst cities to live in the U.S. for the second straight year.

The list published Wednesday in USA TODAY was compiled by 24/7 Wall St., a financial news and commentary website, and is based mostly on 2018 data that show:

• Rockford’s 7.7 percent unemployment rate was the highest in the state “and well above the 4.9 percent annual U.S. jobless rate.”
• The city’s violent crime rate of 1,658 incidents per 100,000 residents was “more than four times” the U.S. rate.
• The weak jobs picture and high crime “likely depress property values,” with a typical home in Rockford worth $89,200, less than half the median home value of $186,500 across the state.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
and now these poor players have to go here

View attachment 258383

ROCKFORD — Rockford has landed on another “bad” list, coming in 16th among the 50 worst cities to live in the U.S. for the second straight year.

The list published Wednesday in USA TODAY was compiled by 24/7 Wall St., a financial news and commentary website, and is based mostly on 2018 data that show:

• Rockford’s 7.7 percent unemployment rate was the highest in the state “and well above the 4.9 percent annual U.S. jobless rate.”
• The city’s violent crime rate of 1,658 incidents per 100,000 residents was “more than four times” the U.S. rate.
• The weak jobs picture and high crime “likely depress property values,” with a typical home in Rockford worth $89,200, less than half the median home value of $186,500 across the state.
Reading this you would expect them to be playing harder so they don't have to go down there.

Reactions: Fenway and BMC

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Trying to understand the Anders Bjork love. I don't see it, kid is quick, smooth, likes to hit (too much?) and pucks keep bouncing off his stick. Likelyhood of his college game translating to the NHL is what?

I wrote this in another thread. It's happened constantly in pre-season. I felt like i was in crazy land because no one else seemed to see it but it's a continuing theme. He's had a hard time handling the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad