Post-Game Talk: Preseason G3 - BRUINS at Chicago - The kids played well in an OT loss

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
no tv in this area is embarrassing

Don't blame NESN or the Bruins - NBC Sports Chicago blocked it. I don't know why

NESN+ had scheduled the game but now will run Bruins themed filler instead.

upload_2019-9-21_16-30-12.png

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
During the NESN broadcast Thursday, a notice at the bottom off the screen said the Chicago game would be broadcast at 8:30 p.m. on NHL network. The network itself doesn't list it, but does have "bonus coverage" after the non-Bruins 7 p.m. game. Might be worth checking into.

It is available on NHL.tv - blackout has been lifted

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Put it on YouTube again you cowards! YouTube always has better stability for live feeds.

I wonder, if "someone" buys the games on YouTube, will it still be blocked? This is such a backward way to do/build business. The NFL makes sure it's all NFL ALL the time! You can't NOT see NFL everywhere but the NHL is more concerned with pushing hockey in China than trying to sustain their number 4 hold on the pro-sports scene. IMO Wrestling and Pro Soccer will supplant very soon. In terms of $$$ I've heard (no proof) gamers have already taken over the minds and hearts of the under 20 crowd.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I talk to myself so might as well reply to myself

so the line rushes was at practice not the game- makes sense now- Chara and Bergeron and all those guys will be sitting on their decks or by the fire pit drinking a Sam Summer listening to Van Morrison's 'Astral Weeks' tonight NOT in Chicago.

so Coyle is not playing wing in a game

got it

Astral Weeks, excellent!

Would like a heartier beer, though. Maybe a MacEwans Scotch Ale.

Reactions: Fossy21 and DKH

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
It is available on NHL.tv - blackout has been lifted

Thanks for the news - now that I've read it, I won't have to scramble online.

You know, if they (and by "they", I mean NBCSChicago) had TOLD us earlier that the blackout was lifted - so that, for example, my FiOS guide had "Boston at Chicago" listed instead of "bonus coverage" - the NHLN might get more eyeballs in Boston. Especially considering that there are NO meaningful Boston sports games being played today. (Red Sox, I'm looking directly at you.)

I get blocking NHLN in Chicago. Or here, if NESN+ were allowed to carry it. I'm okay with the end result - it's a nice little kick in the pants to remind people that NHLN exists outside of showing the worst (or most Canadian) matchup of the first round of the playoffs. The NHL would no doubt love to convert some "Bruins fans" or "Blackhawks fans" or "Rangers fans" into "NHL fans" who watch non-market games...which is more the culture of the NFL, where fans watch whatever games are on. Of course, the NFL is a once-a-week league - we've got plenty of hockey to watch without watching other teams.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thanks for the news - now that I've read it, I won't have to scramble online.

You know, if they (and by "they", I mean NBCSChicago) had TOLD us earlier that the blackout was lifted - so that, for example, my FiOS guide had "Boston at Chicago" listed instead of "bonus coverage" - the NHLN might get more eyeballs in Boston. Especially considering that there are NO meaningful Boston sports games being played today. (Red Sox, I'm looking directly at you.)

I get blocking NHLN in Chicago. Or here, if NESN+ were allowed to carry it. I'm okay with the end result - it's a nice little kick in the pants to remind people that NHLN exists outside of showing the worst (or most Canadian) matchup of the first round of the playoffs. The NHL would no doubt love to convert some "Bruins fans" or "Blackhawks fans" or "Rangers fans" into "NHL fans" who watch non-market games...which is more the culture of the NFL, where fans watch whatever games are on. Of course, the NFL is a once-a-week league - we've got plenty of hockey to watch without watching other teams.

@talkinaway
The STREAMING SERVICE NHL.tv has the game - NOT NHL NET

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Coyle I would think in plans a center

i prefer coyle in the middle, keeps his feet moving and is more engaged.
also, if you play coyle at center this season, he's likely to score fewer
points than he would on krejci's wing (which in turn could keep his cap hit down
for whatever extension they may agree to).

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
NBC Sports Chicago is not doing the game next week from Boston and they were not interested in a trade off.

What do they have to lose by NESN borrowing the feed? I'm not sure how all that stuff works, so I'm not sure why it would be a big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad