Post-Game Talk: Preseason G3 - BRUINS at Chicago - The kids played well in an OT loss

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Chicago TV - NBC Sports Chicago - Radio WGN-AM 720
upload_2019-9-21_11-31-13.png

Reactions: hrdpuk

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
It's interesting to see Coyle get a look at RW. Let's see how Studnicka does.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It's interesting to see Coyle get a look at RW. Let's see how Studnicka does.
Not really- when February rolls around its possible Studnicka or Frederic is playing well enough to be on Boston as a center and Coyle can jump up to play wing with Krejci

based on Coyle style of puck possession and skillset he looks like a natural for that line- long term he's a center. He wore the A the other night and he is cookie cutter exactly what the Sweeney Blue Print wants in their centers.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Chicago TV - NBC Sports Chicago - Radio WGN-AM 720
View attachment 256237

I was watching the Cubs-Cardinals game yesterday and Pat Foley was in the booth and did the singing of take me out to the ballgame. Kevin, you know him? He seems like an awesome dude and funny. I've heard of him but never really saw him or listened to him in action....

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I was watching the Cubs-Cardinals game yesterday and Pat Foley was in the booth and did the singing of take me out to the ballgame. Kevin, you know him? He seems like an awesome dude and funny. I've heard of him but never really saw him or listened to him in action....

Pat is a good guy - His favorite Boston bar is the other JJ Foley's on Kingston St

70505362_10218720894586203_2079897385500147712_o.jpg

Reactions: DKH

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Not really- when February rolls around its possible Studnicka or Frederic is playing well enough to be on Boston as a center and Coyle can jump up to play wing with Krejci

based on Coyle style of puck possession and skillset he looks like a natural for that line- long term he's a center. He wore the A the other night and he is cookie cutter exactly what the Sweeney Blue Print wants in their centers.
This does give Sweeney options, prospects who is ready in Providence, move Coyle up, nobody ready he can look for an upcoming UFA at C or RW for the playoffs. Would like stability before March but they could suck and not be willing to move a first in a deep draft this year so I guess we have to see how it plays out.

Still like the idea of Frederic at LW

Reactions: DKH

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Blackhawks

PROJECTED LINEUP

Nylander - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Shaw
Saad - Wedin - Kubalik
Smith - Carpenter - Caggiula
Keith - Gustafsson
Maatta - Seabrook
Murphy - Koekkoek/Boqvist
Lehner
Lankinen

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
During the NESN broadcast Thursday, a notice at the bottom off the screen said the Chicago game would be broadcast at 8:30 p.m. on NHL network. The network itself doesn't list it, but does have "bonus coverage" after the non-Bruins 7 p.m. game. Might be worth checking into.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Hawks have pretty much their NHL lineup. Bruins have pretty decent D group and a bunch of forwards fighting for a chance at a bottom-6 role.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I talk to myself so might as well reply to myself

so the line rushes was at practice not the game- makes sense now- Chara and Bergeron and all those guys will be sitting on their decks or by the fire pit drinking a Sam Summer listening to Van Morrison's 'Astral Weeks' tonight NOT in Chicago.

so Coyle is not playing wing in a game

got it

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I talk to myself so might as well reply to myself

so the line rushes was at practice not the game- makes sense now- Chara and Bergeron and all those guys will be sitting on their decks or by the fire pit drinking a Sam Summer listening to Van Morrison's 'Astral Weeks' tonight NOT in Chicago.

so Coyle is not playing wing in a game

got it
I talk to myself when I need a professional opinion.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Have liked Lantosi a lot and hope to see him on Studnicka's wing in Providence, too.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA

I would think Krejci needs a shooter not anther puck possession guy on the the second line

Reactions: HumBucker and BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad