GDT: Preseason - Devils vs. Jets - 8:00PM TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Why would they black it out when MSG did not broadcast the game?

Stupid NHL blackout rules, the only league that has so many rules in place to prevent fans from watching games .

its such an archaic thing. you would think that the league/teams/owners/thePA would want to have fans have access to games and damn the "market blackout" crap by now….

…..its worse when one pays the high cost of tv/internet with channels included and the game is not shown…

i get livid over this shit

it not like im going to watch an in market game instead because the devils are blacked…..they gain nothing. i dont see their team, their commercials…..nothing…i just dont watch hockey that night.

then the argument can be said, "dont like it, pay for center ice"…. sure, another fee on top of whatever is already being paid for.

its alienating

///

when lawyers and desk f***heads get their greasy paws on whatever they can:

Game Availability and Blackouts with NHL Streaming

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Will the replay be blacked out?
Why would they black it out when MSG did not broadcast the game?

Stupid NHL blackout rules, the only league that has so many rules in place to prevent fans from watching games .
I know, it's dumb. MSG also blacks me out of preseason games, since I'm out of market, despite the fact that I don't have the option to pay for those games, as they're not on Center Ice. Yet, my best friend down here has the YES Network and gets Yankees Spring Training games and they aren't blacked out.

That does sound like an NHL restriction rule.

Also, f*** the NHL and their app once again. My phone was blowing up notifications about this game, because once again, this app was not in real time. So I would get updates one after the other about who was starting in goal, how much time was left and who scored what. And it went from the starting goalie and beginning of game notification to the Devils fifth goal in 5 minutes, because this app was not in real time.:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Regular season is one thing, but a blackout for a PRESEASON game is beyond dumb as was the blackout of the Devils' behind the glass series.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Regular season is one thing, but a blackout for a PRESEASON game is beyond dumb as was the blackout of the Devils' behind the glass series.
Only the live premiere of the show was blacked out for me, but I did get to see the re-airing of it last night, and it was on again tonight before they started showing the replay of our preseason game and it wasn't blacked out. Hopefully the premiere of the new episode isn't either, but they'll have the re-airing later that night if it is. It's still annoying that they black anything out, outside of regular season games, which you have to pay for, but at least they offer the option for you to purchase (Center Ice, Game Center) it. They don't give us that option with preseason games.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Palmieri also has gotten a tad smarter. He’s cutting across the ice more after gain controlled entry.

I’ve also noticed the late forward rushing in for a shot attempt. Nice wrinkle.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
What made me happiest was that this is the most complete lineup we’ve iced against a strong team with a Vezina candidate in goal and we constantly came back with answers to their goals.

Great team win.

Their lineup was pretty strong as well. The only big name I noticed missing was Buff and maybe Ehlers? Either way, this was not an AHL game by any caliber

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Anyone notice how fast Bratt was skating with about 3-4 minutes left in the 3rd. He was chasing a puck down and it looked like he activated some type of turbo boost.
I know he was fast last year, but this year he looks amazing. IMO
He definitely looks faster this year. The Jets defensemen were having a hell of a time dealing with him all game, both due to his speed and how shifty he is in tight spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad