GDT: Preseason - Devils vs. Jets - 8:00PM TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm sure the argument will be that it's just the preseason and it doesn't mean anything...
2iwkzu.jpg

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What made me happiest was that this is the most complete lineup we’ve iced against a strong team with a Vezina candidate in goal and we constantly came back with answers to their goals.

Great team win.

It was the first time this preseason that we saw a pretty strong effort top to bottom. I still feel like the top line is in total cruise control, but the rest competed pretty hard. They were all going at like half speed the first few games, which is why I wasn't really concerned.

Now it's probably fair to say the jets were not going full speed, but I saw them look pretty good against a few other teams this preseason. I think this was a good result.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
It was the first time this preseason that we saw a pretty strong effort top to bottom. I still feel like the top line is in total cruise control, but the rest competed pretty hard. They were all going at like half speed the first few games, which is why I wasn't really concerned.

Now it's probably fair to say the jets were not going full speed, but I saw them look pretty good against a few other teams this preseason. I think this was a good result.

Hmmmm. It's almost like some teams need to work out the kinks in the preseason.

Hmmmm. Now that I think about it, that's kind of what preseason is all about.

Weird

Reactions: nugg

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I am fairly confident in saying that Wood deal is going to look like an absolute STEAL sooner than later. The guy is going to be such a force if he puts it all together

Reactions: nugg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Replay is on NHLN at 11:30. It's only 90 minutes long, so it will likely have a lot of time cut out, but it's better than nothing. I didn't see any of it live.

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
Healthy Zajac, healthy Johansson, healthy Palmieri...

We lost a lot of man games from our top six last year.
Really adds to how special last season was. No one predicted the season we had even with those three healthy and in the lineup.

Excited to see what Johansson will do with a hopefully healthy season. He looks extremely calm with the puck.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Coleman has been taking a lot of penalties again this preseason. That was a problem with him pretty early on last season and when he was up at the end of 16-17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia