Post-Game Talk: Preseason continues. Flames 4 @ Canucks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I wasn't trying to evaluate which one was worse, rather that they happened for different reasons. In 2013 the team just gave up. I didn't get that in 2015 ... it was more like the team was coached into failure.

After 2013 a more experienced GM may have realized that it was on the players and that a major change to the roster had to happen, rather than it being simply a matter of it being all on the Coach.

People questioned the coaching in 13 as well. I think the idea that its all the coaches fault is misplaced on here. Just like 2013 it was all av's fault (playing schneider coming off an injury in the final two games over roberto was a huge talking point on this forum), and this year it was willies fault.

They made mistakes people disagree with and that's fair, people often can make good cases regarding coaching decisions made by av and now willie, but in both scenarios i think people are in denial about some of the players as well, imo this core has failed time and time again in recent years and they need to take more of the blame as well.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
People questioned the coaching in 13 as well. I think the idea that its all the coaches fault is misplaced on here. Just like 2013 it was all av's fault, and this year it was willies fault.

They made mistakes people disagree with and that's fair, people often can make good cases regarding coaching decisions made by av and now willie, but in both scenarios i think people are in denial about some of the players as well, imo this core has failed time and time again in recent years and they need to take more of the blame as well.

1-2-3-4 is a pretty valid criticism. The Sedins and Horvat were absolutely dominant when they were on the ice, but got like 16 minutes a night. Literally no excuse for the ice time distribution by Willie against the Flames, downright embarrassing to watch.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
1-2-3-4 is a pretty valid criticism. The Sedins and Horvat were absolutely dominant when they were on the ice, but got like 16 minutes a night. Literally no excuse for the ice time distribution by Willie against the Flames, downright embarrassing to watch.

Thats why i put in this sentence...

"They made mistakes people disagree with and that's fair, people often can make good cases regarding coaching decisions made by av and now willie"

As mentioned av was also criticized for blowing the series by putting in an injured schneider in the final two crucial games when roberto was not the problem against the sharks, and schneider looked terrible.

My point was the core escapes criticism on here frequently and the blame is put entirely on coaching. I shouldn't single our fanbase out either, i see it all the time on hf, therrien, babcock, bylsma ect... have taken the entire blame for team failures on here.

Last edited:

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
People questioned the coaching in 13 as well. I think the idea that its all the coaches fault is misplaced on here. Just like 2013 it was all av's fault (playing schneider coming off an injury in the final two games over roberto was a huge talking point on this forum), and this year it was willies fault.

Well, I don't agree that 2013 and 2015 were similar. I also don't think it's ever been just about the coaching in either year. I felt bad for Vigneault after that playoff loss because clearly he'd run out of ways to get those players to play for each other. I didn't get that sense with Willie's coaching, that the players had given up on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad