GDT: Preseason BOA 7:00MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
We never went with 8 D. I mean we have, but it's been so many years, I don't recall when it was.

Right. Was confused when I remembered that neither Bart or Kulak was waived last year but forgot we had What’s His Face Old Slow Guy at the start of the season.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Right. Was confused when I remembered that neither Bart or Kulak was waived last year but forgot we had What’s His Face Old Slow Guy at the start of the season.
That was 2 years ago... We started with 7 D that year too though. Kulak played 22 games in Stockton to start the year (he was still waiver exempt), but was recalled after Grossmann was bought out and after T-Spoon was up for a few weeks (maybe a month?) as the #7. Bart was a couple weeks before the deadline to appease expansion requirements. Stone was then added for the playoff push at the deadline. So we may have run with 8 defensemen for a couple weeks before the deadline in 2016-17.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
That was 2 years ago... We started with 7 D that year too though. Kulak played 22 games in Stockton to start the year (he was still waiver exempt), but was recalled after Grossmann was bought out

... you are just making stuff up. We carried eight D to start that year. Kulak didn't play in Stockton until much later in the season when Bartkowski was signed and had an immediate horseshoe up his ass. Kulak made that team out of camp and was in fact very strong in camp, and then outplayed both Jokipakka and Grossmann all season, arguably even Wideman. There was even a part of that season where Kulak earned a promotion to the second pair with Dougie as his partner, but that only lasted one game as a red hot Rangers team lit the pair up.

On a side note, signing Bartkowski probably cost us the first round that season. Had Kulak been there to stabilize our disasterous third pair we probably advance past Anaheim. But I digress.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
... you are just making stuff up. We carried eight D to start that year. Kulak didn't play in Stockton until much later in the season when Bartkowski was signed and had an immediate horseshoe up his ass. Kulak made that team out of camp and was in fact very strong in camp, and then outplayed both Jokipakka and Grossmann all season, arguably even Wideman. There was even a part of that season where Kulak earned a promotion to the second pair with Dougie as his partner, but that only lasted one game as a red hot Rangers team lit the pair up.

On a side note, signing Bartkowski probably cost us the first round that season. Had Kulak been there to stabilize our disasterous third pair we probably advance past Anaheim. But I digress.
There is a difference between being mistaken and making things up. You should know, you just did e xactly the same thing, or did you just "make up" that Kulak wasn't demoted until Bart was signed?

Kulak played in Stockton in December and part of January when Wotherspoon was up. That was where my confusion came as I did it off memory, without double checking things.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm wondering if tonights game will actually be streamed. Neither the Flames nor Oilers youtube channels show a live event.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Why is it always so difficult to find the link on the Flames website when a game is streamed???
Currently watching it on the Oilers site.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Why is it always so difficult to find the link on the Flames website when a game is streamed???
Currently watching it on the Oilers site.
it's on the flames main page now

holy shit Dube already!!!

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Just tuned in, heard that Robinson had the tying goal for us. Who scored for Shelbyville?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
waits for people to throw Rittich under the bus like they did Gillies

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Big difference between letting in one and letting in three of his first eight SOG.
You were throwing him under the bus immediately and this was softer than any Gillies let in. But I know you like Rittich and don't like Gillies, so I expected nothing less than the excuses you're providing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad