GDT: Preseason BOA 7:00MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I expect the Oilers to field a veteran heavy roster against the Flames rookies just to show their fans that there is still life even without a Nurse in the room.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Let's Do This!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Rittich will probably get shelled. Really curious to see how him and Dube do

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Between Rittich, Kylington, Dube, Mangiapane, Phillips, Foo, Zavgorodny, Valimaki, and Joly I feel like the upset tonight is a possibility, though we are a bit shallow down the middle as-is.

Last edited:
Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm surprised that lineup meets the veteran minimum

Also, call me crazy, but I'm curious about how Brule will look after 4 years in the KHL. So I'm disappointed he's not dressing

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I didn't even know there was a veteran minimum. What is the rule?
from the CBA

15.4 Exhibition Games.

(c) A Club shall be permitted to dress a minimum of eight (8) veterans for any Exhibition Game. For purposes of this Section 15.4(c), a veteran shall constitute either:

(1) a forward or defenseman who played in thirty (30) NHL Games during the previous season,

(2) a goaltender who either dressed in fifty (50) or more NHL Games or played in thirty (30) or more NHL Games in the previous season,

(3) a first round draft choice from the most recent year's Entry Draft, or

(4) any Player who has played one-hundred (100) or more career NHL Games.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Oilers fan crossboarding, but neither teams roster meets the minimum veteran rule. The league waived it for this game due to the China trip.
I can certainly see why the league would waive the rule for the Flames but to the best of my knowledge the Oilers aren't playing in China.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Pat Steinberg tweets the Flames line-up tonight.

Mangiapane-Quine-Foo

Rychel-Dube-Robinson

Pollock-Graovac-Phillips

Lomberg-Shaw-Sabourin

Kylington-Siemens
Valimaki-Falk
Svedberg-Sproul
Rittich

Last edited by a moderator:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
All or nothing approach I guess :dunno:
Too bad. I would have preferred to see how the Flames rookies performed against a more veteran laden Oilers team.
Rookie team vs rookie team... been there seen that.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Too bad. I would have preferred to see how the Flames rookies performed against a more veteran laden Oilers team.
Rookie team vs rookie team... been there seen that.
except this more like a veteran AHL squad for the Flames with a few rookies

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Forgot about Buddy Robinson. He had a pretty decent year in the AHL last season. I think he could also be in the mix for the 14th forward position

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I think the reason the rule was waived for the Oilers as well is to make it level playing ground. Not that I think they'd send McDavid or Drai anyway.

Sucks for people who paid more than $5 for tickets for tonight's game to watch another rookie game. I heard the lowerbowl "all you can food" tickets were going for $180. Absolutely f***ing ludicrous with these rosters.

Looking forward to seeing Dube continue to impress.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I think the reason the rule was waived for the Oilers as well is to make it level playing ground. Not that I think they'd send McDavid or Drai anyway.

Sucks for people who paid more than $5 for tickets for tonight's game to watch another rookie game. I heard the lowerbowl "all you can food" tickets were going for $180. Absolutely ****ing ludicrous with these rosters.

Looking forward to seeing Dube continue to impress.

I saw those tickets advertised for $45, not 180 for what it's worth.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Good that’s it’s not enforced either way as much fun as it would be to see our rookies as underdogs I don’t think the Oilers would learn much about their rookies or PTOs pairing with with McDavid vs Seimens provides an even ground for both teams to see their non roster players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad