GDT: Preseason #5 | Bruins at Flyers | October 2, 2023 | 7:00 PM | NESN, NBCSP

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
He has never once protected anyone. All that still happened last year as he watched and did nothing.

There is no such thing as "protection" in today's NHL. It's a long-dead myth. Things have changed. He provides absolutely nothing of value.
I'm going to remind you every time a Frost, Farabee, York, Coots, Atkinson, Brink etc. get cheap shotted and hurt when Nick D isn't dressed .....every time

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
How has Attard looked in camp. Seems like a lot of people were down on him last season

He basically looks like what he is. He's a 24 year old with a skill-set that doesn't totally add up. He's heavily shifted to offense, but his playmaking and transition ability are mediocre. He shoots and shoots and shoots. But the team wants him to model his game after one of the better defensive defenseman, Cernak. I don't think he's an NHLer, but how they even evaluate him makes no sense. It's a red flag.

I'm also totally okay just giving him 20-30 games and having a real sample. But the team can barely fit Zamula and can't fit Andrae because, good lord, look at the veteran depth.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm going to remind you every time a Frost, Farabee, York, Coots, Atkinson, Brink etc. get cheap shotted and hurt when Nick D isn't dressed .....every time

When he isn't dressed? They're going to play him every game they can.

So perhaps remind yourself, and ask why it's happening, every time it happens while he's playing.

You wouldn't trade Attard for Cernak?

I think you need to re-read his post.

• Haha
Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
When he isn't dressed? They're going to play him every game they can.
we'll see.....time will tell

can't have your young talented player getting RUN without doing the same or getting in the face of the s-bags doing the unnecessary hits

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
He basically looks like what he is. He's a 24 year old with a skill-set that doesn't totally add up. He's heavily shifted to offense, but his playmaking and transition ability are mediocre. He shoots and shoots and shoots. But the team wants him to model his game after one of the better defensive defenseman, Cernak. I don't think he's an NHLer, but how they even evaluate him makes no sense. It's a red flag.

I'm also totally okay just giving him 20-30 games and having a real sample. But the team can barely fit Zamula and can't fit Andrae because, good lord, look at the veteran depth.
I agree he is not much more than a 6, but with how they use younger guys. We will probably never know because we have to have the shitty vets in the lineup for reasons

Reactions: Magua

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
we'll see.....time will tell

can't have your young talented player getting RUN without doing the same or getting in the face of the s-bags doing the unnecessary hits

He played 80 games last year. 80. There was nearly no games where he wasn't present. And our guys were still getting hit, and run, and having to fight for themselves. Protection isn't real. It's fake. It's not a thing. Deslauriers spent 0 minutes and 0 seconds defending young talented players last year.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Don't worry. I'm back to scrolling past your eternal battles with deadhead.

The_Gigan_Dance.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad