GDT: Preseason #5 | Bruins at Flyers | October 2, 2023 | 7:00 PM | NESN, NBCSP

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Atkinson has been all over it

That line has been a lot of fun the last 2 periods.

Honestly, Tippett and Frost just instantly feel different when they hit the ice in pace + skill. They can weirdly mesh.

Meanwhile, Konecny is stapled to his BFFs Cates and Laughton. Torts is wild about that trio.

Reactions: VladDrag

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006

I find it funny that Charlie hasn't mentioned Frost once tonight either. It's almost like....he has a bias?

A player can cheap shot a youth and just decline fighting Deslauries. I dont see who hes protecting.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
That line has been a lot of fun the last 2 periods.

Honestly, Tippett and Frost just instantly feel different when they hit the ice in pace + skill. They can weirdly mesh.

Meanwhile, Konecny is stapled to his BFFs Cates and Laughton. Torts is wild about that trio.
God damnit Mag…I legit I blocked that TK and Cates duo from last season out of my memory until right now

• Wow
Reactions: Magua

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
If they can play like that most nights wont be such a bad season to watch. Lots of good anticipation plays.

Of course Risto looked like the worse skater on the ice. So many give aways and bone headed plays.

And not surprising Ginning looked even more crappy than Risto

• Haha
Reactions: Flyer lurker

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I listened to the game. I try not to listen to the BS they throw out. Just the names of the players and what they did or didn’t do. One player name not called much was Laughton. Brink, Tippet and Frost the most for forwards. Probably Sanheim and Zamula for D. Is that what you saw as well?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I listened to the game. I try not to listen to the BS they throw out. Just the names of the players and what they did or didn’t do. One player name not called much was Laughton. Brink, Tippet and Frost the most for forwards. Probably Sanheim and Zamula for D. Is that what you saw as well?
Frost Brink Tippet were 3 of the best fwds.

Reactions: macleish1974

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
torts grinds teeth....
Torts postgame: "Frost this camp has been kind of like a bidet. I originally said never in a million years will I try that shit. They asked me to try it multiple times and I resisted. Ultimately, they removed the toilet paper and I was kind of forced into it. And when that water hit my hole for the first time, I kind of had to admit begrudgingly that I liked it. It felt good."

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's preseason, you see things you'll never see again. Like Risto at the point on the PP.

Brink has gone from LHV to the bubble to a starting job in two weeks - forget the scoring, his skating just keeps improving. He's not the fastest from point A to point B, but his edge work and short area agility, combined with his vision, passing and shot, trying to think of an undersized Flyer forward who played a similar game. He also showed he could play his off wing if needed. It'll be interesting to see how he does v Caufield. He's 6 months younger, thicker but lost time with the shoulder injury.

Foerster was alright, but I don't think he's done enough to be guaranteed a job given he's behind Brink. Same with Allison, who hasn't stood out enough to say got to keep him. On the other hand, if some team makes a solid offer for Laughton or Hathaway, they've both played well enough to say yes.

Can we STFU about Zamula being waived? He's led D-men in 5x5 minutes the last two games and played well, I don't think you give a player you're gonna waive that kind of minutes in your last preseason games. It's looking more like he's going to be paired with Sanheim on a regular basis.

Poehling had a great camp, if he gets off to a good start, I can see him getting a 2 year extension and reasonable money to be the 4C.

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
Poehling had a great camp, if he gets off to a good start, I can see him getting a 2 year extension and reasonable money to be the 4C.
Poehling was absolutely brutal tonight. Probably the worst forward to touch the ice for the Flyers by a pretty decent margin. Killed so many plays.

If we hand out another multi year deal to a 4th liner, I'd be pretty angry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad