GDT: Preseason 5/7ths-Rangers@Devils

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zacha sucks!

Sislo would have scored on that chance bro.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Im wondering if Blandisi is doing enough to take over Gio's role this team. Because i think he might be.

I think he has shown enough. He seems to be doing all the right things, and an advantage he has is that he has the potential to be more than that.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Zacha just had a very solid period, what the hell are some of you watching? We're all hockey fans here right?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
At this point I'd be surprised if Blandisi didn't make the team. He's a guy I can see sliding up and down the lineup and filling in admirably in a variety of roles. Just a battler out there, one we should want on the team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What is Stan pretending to be born just a few years ago?

How was Lou going to Toronto one of the most shocking things that Stan has ever seen? He's older than dinosaurs.

Not that it wasn't surprising, but he's acting like it's incredibly shocking.:laugh:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
At this point I'd be surprised if Blandisi didn't make the team. He's a guy I can see sliding up and down the lineup and filling in admirably in a variety of roles. Just a battler out there, one we should want on the team.

Definitely. I see no reason to at least start him with the Devils at this point. I really like what I've seen from him.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What is Stan pretending to be born just a few years ago?

How was Lou going to Toronto one of the most shocking things that Stan has ever seen? He's older than dinosaurs.

Not that it wasn't surprising, but he's acting like it's incredibly shocking.:laugh:

It's Stan. He's really old, his long term memory is probably shot. :laugh:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
your right but im going by what stands out, Zacha had a solid period but there are others that are showing more

They're showing more because they play different roles.

To me, Zacha had a solid, yet unspectacular period. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that from a big center. He had a couple of shots and he was noticeable active on the power play.

Something I think people don't notice is how his quick passing and puck movement opens up a lot of chances. Once the rest of the players get used to that, they'll be able to anticipate his pass and be a step ahead. I feel like some of our guys are getting passes from Zacha and they are so surprised they don't do anything with it. Matteau trying to stuff the puck in on that other chance was an example of this, Zacha ripped it back to him tape to tape which allowed Matteau to quickly try to stuff it in before the defender could close the gap.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
This DJ is a ****ing joke and an abomination.

Why play bro hymn (the Rangers goal song) in our building? That's not the first time these clowns did this, they did it last year too. I clearly remember it.

Bro hymm isn't the Rags goal song? You're taking about the song by pennywise?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
They're showing more because they play different roles.

To me, Zacha had a solid, yet unspectacular period. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that from a big center. He had a couple of shots and he was noticeable active on the power play.

Something I think people don't notice is how his quick passing and puck movement opens up a lot of chances. Once the rest of the players get used to that, they'll be able to anticipate his pass and be a step ahead. I feel like some of our guys are getting passes from Zacha and they are so surprised they don't do anything with it. Matteau trying to stuff the puck in on that other chance was an example of this, Zacha ripped it back to him tape to tape which allowed Matteau to quickly try to stuff it in before the defender could close the gap.

I like what Zacha shows, but I still prefer that he goes back to junior this season. Maybe keep him around for a couple weeks and give him some games, but junior is probably the best place for him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bro hymm isn't the Rags goal song? You're taking about the song by pennywise?

I was always under the impression it was supposed to be their own version of bro hymn, though it's not the actual Pennywise version.

I guess maybe it's not supposed to be though.:laugh:

Rangers fans reading this must think I'm ****ing dumb if it's not supposed to be a generic version of bro hymn.

I've thought this for like 20 years now, I guess I can enjoy listening to that Pennywise album again now.

DirtyJerzey

Oct 19, 2013
4qxXI8b.jpg

i guess this is the 2nd one, inverted symbol with barbwire ?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I like what Zacha shows, but I still prefer that he goes back to junior this season. Maybe keep him around for a couple weeks and give him some games, but junior is probably the best place for him.

I absolutely agree, but these games are getting me so excited about his potential.

I also feel like the individual skill shown by the Devils is way higher than it's ever been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad