GDT: Preseason #2 | Flames vs Canucks in Abbotsford, BC 8pm MT

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
As per this morning's skate in Calgary, the Flames will run with these lines and pairings tonight:

Andrew Mangiapane - Dillon Dube - Brett Ritchie
Jakob Pelletier - Adam Ruzicka - Matthew Phillips
Martin Pospisil - Glenn Gawdin - Luke Philp
Justin Kirkland - Byron Froese - Walker Duehr

Juuso Valimaki - Michael Stone
Oliver Kylington - Kevin Gravel
Connor Mackey - Nick DeSimone

Adam Werner (starting as per Steinberg)
Dan Vladar

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)

Pearson - Horvat - MacEwen
Garland - Miller - Podkolzin
Highmore - Dowling - Chiasson
Gadjovich - Wouters - Lockwood

Ekman-Larsson - Poolman
Rathbone - Woo
Juolevi - Myers

DiPietro
Silovs

usatsi_9578444-e1526492327950.jpg

The game will be streaming live on CalgaryFlames.com

Last edited:

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
We get to see Dube at center with Mangi on his wing. Pelletier and Pospisil lines are back. The preseason debut of the elusive Oliver Kylington. No Guddy.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
As per this morning's skate in Calgary, the Flames will run with these lines and pairings tonight:

Andrew Mangiapane - Dillon Dube - Brett Ritchie
Jakob Pelletier - Adam Ruzicka - Matthew Phillips
Martin Pospisil - Glenn Gawdin - Luke Philp
Justin Kirkland - Byron Froese - Walker Duehr

Juuso Valimaki - Michael Stone
Oliver Kylington - Kevin Gravel
Connor Mackey - Nick DeSimone

Adam Werner (starting as per Steinberg)
Dan Vladar

usatsi_9578444-e1526492327950.jpg

The game will be streaming live on CalgaryFlames.com
I can't see us scoring a goal tonight either....

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Gudbranson last night reminded me of the time we ran out Grossman against the Oilers.

Can someone employed in hockey explain what makes Gudbranson better than Kylington? I just don’t get the old mantra.

I remember I got cut from teams despite scoring 6-7 times more points than guys who were bigger and stronger than me who made the team. Like I never understood that mentality then and I still don’t understand it now. Size is more often a detriment than a plus these days.

Last edited:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Gudbranson last night reminded me of the time we ran out Grossman against the Oilers.

Can someone employed online hockey explain what makes Gudbranson better than Kylington? I just don’t get the old mantra.

I remember I got cut from teams despite scoring 6-7 times more points than guys who were bigger and stronger than me. Like I never understood that mentality than and I still don’t understand it now. Size is more often a detriment than a plus these days.

I get that there are different roles that need to be filled but between Zadorov and Stone I feel like the physical defensive defense man role was filled. Gudbranson struggled years ago to make simple tape to tape passes or clearing the zone. He ended up a healthy scratch on Ottawa last year. Even at leg minimum the signing wouldn't make sense to me, but Tre gonna Tre.

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
I'm not worried so much about Sutter throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks while it's still preseason; I'm concerned about what will end up "sticking" for him. I hope Kylington makes a strong case for himself.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Kylington plays left side, NoGoodbrandson plays right side.

Oliver needs to beat out Vali if he wants to play, nothing to do with Gudbradson big.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Kylington plays left side, NoGoodbrandson plays right side.

Oliver needs to beat out Vali if he wants to play, nothing to do with Gudbradson big.

Vali isn't going anywhere. The last spot is between Kylington, Stone and Mackey. Guddy will be the 7th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad