GDT: Preseason – Sabres at Canadiens – Sun Sep 15 – 7:30pm – RDS – WGR, TSN 690

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
So I missed this one outside of a few minutes of the second period on the radio.

How did McCormick fair in his bouts? I see he went twice.

First was more of a brief tussle. Second fight, Cody had some real anger on his face and wailed away, though it was also quickly broken up.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
My opinion as well. Felt that way since the draft completed and feel more that way now. He has skill but has a lot of holes to his game and looks panicked with and without the puck.

RR and Zad look way more composed, clam and confident, and they are eclipsed by Pysyk in those departments. A crowded group of talent young D, and IMO McBain will not be able to beat out enough of them to make the roster.

Add Mccabe to this list of calm defenseman for next year.

Really loving this D Corp they are building.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
My opinion as well. Felt that way since the draft completed and feel more that way now. He has skill but has a lot of holes to his game and looks panicked with and without the puck.

RR and Zad look way more composed, clam and confident, and they are eclipsed by Pysyk in those departments. A crowded group of talent young D, and IMO McBain will not be able to beat out enough of them to make the roster.

I still think it is too early to tell. Z and Risto have been playing somewhat competitive hockey for more than a week now. That was McBain's first taste of on ice action in awhile. I will reserve judgement until then.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm just going by what Rolston said. Not really giving my opinion.

Yes, I remember that being said/written that Rolston was going to keep 8 D. I think he had stated 8 D was an option on WGR.

Later at a press conference on September 12th Rolston states:

"we can go different ways..... whether we have 8 D here, 7 D here we'll decide that......we'll find out in camp where some of these players are"

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Didn't know that was said. 13 forwards and 7 defense seems to be the best option. That way more guys are playing.

Or keep a 14th forward or 8th D if it is a vet you don't want to risk losing (I know, doesn't help the Amerks).

DrStrangelife

Dec 14, 2011
Rīga
Yes they were. Hard work and driving to the net.

You should see Grigs SO goal. Lightning fast hands and silky smooth.

Yeah, the SO was beautifully executed, the guy got skill no doubt. Bit annoying to have this level of player with the one fault of having very little of the right attitude. Really want to see him step up so each moment he's on ice would be as pleasant to watch as this SO. Can't wait for Tuesdays game. (I hope there will be a stream.)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
That was JFB. He is a very knowledgeable poster when it comes to prospects. Honestly girgs has developed well, but I'm still nervous about his offensive upside too. He may only become a 40 point third longer.

There are a lot of things to like about him though

40 points should put him on the 2nd line, especially given that he brings some grit and defensive prowess to go with that scoring. Unless you think Buffalo's going to become some offensive powerhouse. In the NHL's last full season, the 180th (6 top sixers per X 30 teams) ranked forward in scoring had 32 points. 40 points ain't no Sidney Crosby ****, but it's a solid contribution.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
40 points should put him on the 2nd line, especially given that he brings some grit and defensive prowess to go with that scoring. Unless you think Buffalo's going to become some offensive powerhouse. In the NHL's last full season, the 180th (6 top sixers per X 30 teams) ranked forward in scoring had 32 points. 40 points ain't no Sidney Crosby ****, but it's a solid contribution.

Right after I typed it I thought that I should have put 30... but my lazyness got the best of me.

I really am pulling for Zemgus. His work ethic is great and those are the players I want on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad