GWT: Premier League Week 16 - 12/13 and 12/14

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Might start panicking if Liverpool doesnt win today. Never expected them to compete for the league, but i think top 3 is realistic.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea a loss today would likely drop them to 4th, one point ahead of 5th and 4 ahead of 6th. Although I would expect them, or anyone else in the top 6, to lose today.

Granted anything can happen, but all of the top 6 should be fairly heavy favorites, even with non-top rosters.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Might start panicking if Liverpool doesnt win today. Never expected them to compete for the league, but i think top 3 is realistic.

I expected them to lose today and beat Everton. If they can win today and still beat Everton it will basically wash out the previous two games.

That being said, this game has scared me since I saw it on the schedule.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Mignolet is starting. He was not a liability when he played at the start of the year.

What a mess.

Like in a vacuum I agree with it (wouldn't play LK in the Derby in this form and wouldn't want to play SM in the Derby cold) but after Klopp came out guns blazing in LK's defense this looks really bad

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
CzqGE59WQAEOB5s.png

young bench

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
CzqGE59WQAEOB5s.png

young bench

Yes Liverpool have hit a wall... The depth is non existant and the defensive side has been poor again. Klopp will need to re-think his strategy to not have a proper left back and the missing DM. That has been Liverpool biggest needs. I could also go on with the GK but it's mootpoint as Mignolet has been far superior to Karius thus far and I'm still not 100% ready to write both of them off.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I really hope they're playing Origi wide and Firmino in the middle. Firmino's play and effectiveness are night and day with the switch in position. Origi can function just fine out wide as a forward also. Meanwhile we're sorely missing Firmino's movement, tireless work in pressing and generalship.

Gotta win this one to keep pushing near the top.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
A more luxurious way of saying leading a group to do something, like a commander in the military. In this case, Firmino is often the one leading the pressing line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad