GWT: Premier League Week 16 - 12/13 and 12/14

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Leicester visits Bournemouth and Arsenal visit Everton today.

Tomorrow the rest play:

Middlesbrough v Liverpool
West Ham v Burnley
Sunderland v Chelsea
City v Watford
West Brom v Swansea
Stoke v Southampton
Crystal Palace v United
Tottenham v Hull

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Everton v. Arsenal is pretty good so far. Arsenal got a bit of a lucky deflection to take the lead at about 20', but Everton has been the better team overall since then and got it back a few minutes before half.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea the last 10-15 minutes of the Everton/Arsenal game was top quality football.

Really want to see that last challenge by Everton again to see if it was a legit penalty claim.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Big result for Chelsea in that game. A win over Sunderland will create a lot of breathing room, and if they can get to the new year without any suspensions, they could create even more.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I forget what the first yellow was but the second he just pulled the attacker back because he knew he couldn't keep up. Pretty typical foul to stop a chance getting a deserved yellow.

I believe the first one was the foul right outside the box that led to the Sanchez goal. Both were clear yellows.

Tough on Arsenal as they probably deserved an equalizer, but an interesting match for sure. I'd like to see that last penalty claim as well.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I believe the first one was the foul right outside the box that led to the Sanchez goal. Both were clear yellows.

Tough on Arsenal as they probably deserved an equalizer, but an interesting match for sure. I'd like to see that last penalty claim as well.

Yea I think that's right. Couldn't remember if he was the one at the edge of the box or the one for tracking down the Arsenal player after thinking he was fouled and getting a hard revenge tackle in.

Either way, any cards Everton got were deserved.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Arsenal should have gotten a penalty, but luck wasnt on their side this game luke it has been most if this season.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Arsenal should have gotten a penalty, but luck wasnt on their side this game luke it has been most if this season.

I saw the replays a bit and I'm not convinced it was a penalty (assuming you're talking about the 94th minute chance). It looks like the defender got his toe on the ball either just before or at the same time as the attacker.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I saw the replays a bit and I'm not convinced it was a penalty (assuming you're talking about the 94th minute chance). It looks like the defender got his toe on the ball either just before or at the same time as the attacker.

Yeah, that was it. I probably would have given it. I dont mind it wasnt. It was an exciting final few minutes though.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Ah, what if what if what if.

I didn't say "if" anything. I'm just saying they didn't have their top squad, and the game was a very attacking and close game. I wouldn't judge Arsenal harshly based on that one game especially.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad