GWT: Premier League round 26

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If that's whining I think you don't know how to read.

Edit: As for Spurs being worse they are 2 points back with a number of games to play. Still alive in the FA Cup, light years more impressive in the Champions League and coming of multiple season recently of finishing ahead of Liverpool.

So if you want to look at the table right now sure Liverpool are ahead but if you look at the form and talent not just this year but overall I think it is clear that Spurs are much better both now and going forward.

Light years more impressive when in the same round of CL, with one ahead of the other in the league table. With a manager and striker who are about to piss off when Spurs have wasted tons of money on players like Sissoko and Janssen. Okay, sure thing boss. Eddie Howe will do great for Tottenham.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Rose colored glasses? I have criticized them all day, and all season according to Big Kahuna.

And I just call it how it is with the garbage that is Liverpool.

Look at the table, if Liverpool is garbage then what the hell are spurs then?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
VAR isn't changing either of those calls because on review those were both 100% penalties.

Keep crying about VAR all you want but it doesn't change anything today if it is in place.

VAR 100% calls the first one back offside. You denying it is offside is even more delusional than Savant claiming that the ref was “overruled” by the assistant as opposed to just trusting him.

The second might get called back offside depending on how VAR is implemented. I agree as a pen claim specifically VAR likely wouldn’t overturn that becuase it’s a judgement call and not a clear and obvious mistake.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Light years more impressive when in the same round, with one ahead of the other in the league table. With a manager and striker who are about to piss off when Spurs have wasted tons of money on players like Sissoko and Janssen. Okay, sure thing boss.

Spurs came through on top of the toughest group in the CL and Liverpool struggled in what was by far the easiest group.

As for the bolded I have heard it before with Bale and Modric and others. If the best you have got is |you guys are going to be in trouble when the good guys leave" then that is a pretty pathetic argument.

And if the worst moves we have made is for Sissoko and Janssen then that's pretty good. Lots of teams have taken a lot bigger swings and misses than that, some even for 75m.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
giphy.gif

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Look at the table, if Liverpool is garbage then what the hell are spurs then?

Again I have complained all year long about that. So you pointing it out isn't some revelation. I have said in the league Spurs have had a dreadful season.

The good news for Spurs is they have played way below they ability while Liverpool has had insane luck/reffing and got a ton of undeserved results.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don’t think VAR would have overturned the second penalty.
I absolute do. On the fact alone that Lamela was offside (VAR 1) before he dived (VAR 2)

But again. The system rewards those who are looking for the PK by diving, embellishing, whatever you want any to call it.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Again I have complained all year long about that. So you pointing it out isn't some revelation. I have said in the league Spurs have had a dreadful season.

The good news for Spurs is they have played way below they ability while Liverpool has had insane luck/reffing and got a ton of undeserved results.

Did you just say Liverpool have gotten quality reffing this year. Hahahah that’s absolute gold.

What underserved result. You thought they were awful against city. Hence why I don’t take you seriously

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I absolute do. On the fact alone that Lamela was offside (VAR 1) before he dived (VAR 2)

But again. The system rewards those who are looking for the PK by diving, embellishing, whatever you want any to call it.

I’d love to see how you’d react to being kicked in the back of the knee like that.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Based on absolutely nothing but your opinion. In both cases.
I don't think that's a penalty. But I surely won't say he was offisde with any certainty, even with a photo still, much less in live action. And no dive. Embellishment, yes, not dive.

I'd like a still of Salah's potential offside on his second goal.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't think that's a penalty. But I surely won't say he was offisde with any certainty, even with a photo still, much less in live action. And no dive. Embellishment, yes, not dive.

Top of the screen on the replay. Can't tell who it was but they kept him way onside.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yes you think that is a great feat considering the garbage teams they had to "beat" to win the group?

You can only win or lose the group you play in. Anyway I'm clearly pissed that Captain Tap-In dove and scored an equalizer after doing absolutely nothing all game so I'm done with this.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Just saw a replay of the second Salah goal, definitively not offside. Someone's covering him behind his back (towards the side line)

LITN : just saw your post, confirms what I saw on my replay, no offside.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Find a Salah still and post it.

If it’s a 50/50 dive it’s a 50/50 offsides and refs shouldn’t get to decide the games. Linesmen definitely shouldn’t get to decide the games either.

You know it’s not a penalty but you are on your soapbox because you and Curt have a rivalry. Just say it’s a bad call. If it was against your team or if it was a French defender instead of a Dutch defender you’d be up in arms. I try and call things down the middle as I can on here and I still cannot fathom how either call was a PK.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Find a Salah still and post it.

If it’s a 50/50 dive it’s a 50/50 offsides and refs shouldn’t get to decide the games. Linesmen definitely shouldn’t get to decide the games either.

You know it’s not a penalty but you are on your soapbox because you and Curt have a rivalry. Just say it’s a bad call. If it was against your team or if it was a French defender instead of a Dutch defender you’d be up in arms. I try and call things down the middle as I can on here and I still cannot fathom how either call was a PK.

He said it wasn't a penalty so I'm not sure why you're mad about that part. Video referee definitely needed for the offside there though. It's not humanly possible for a referee to see that, but it looks offside from a still picture that nobody had access to in making their decision.

I also didn't think it was a bad play from van Dijk, but he did have the 1 v. 1 earlier that was entirely his fault. Lovren and Karius played a great game I thought. Robertson a little off the boil the last few games though. He should have pushed up and the offside would have been far more clear, but who knows if it would have even been called.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad