GWT: Premier League Round 2

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Chelsea's defence has been horrible. 6 quality chances given up in the box already. If it weren't for Arsenal's crappy finishing Arsenal would have 6 goals right now.

I'm aware. I just think Chelsea has better players , and Emery has a much bigger job to do than Sarri.

I'm not making massive judgements based on this game. Arsenal has destroyed Chelsea left side for like 20 minutes now , no question.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Chelsea looks lost defensively. There's absolutely no tactical approach there.
It's a major transition to go from Conte to Sarri. Going to take them a while to figure it out. Kepa is going to have to make saves.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea looked pretty good with the ball in the first 25-30 minutes, and horrific without it in the last 15-20 minutes.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Guendouzi looking good BTW :D
I think he has been much better than Xhaka, who has been a train wreck.

Sterling gave him a welcome to the PL moment last week, but besides that he has been solid.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I think he has been much better than Xhaka, who has been a train wreck.

Sterling gave him a welcome to the PL moment last week, but besides that he has been solid.

I've held out hope for Xhaka for longer than most, but he should never start for us again. It's painful to watch him.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Chelsea looked pretty good with the ball in the first 25-30 minutes, and horrific without it in the last 15-20 minutes.

That's going to be the case for both teams for a while. Expect inconsistency in play with two managers bringing in vastly different philosophies than their predecessors.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Sarri may need to change up Jorginho and Kante if this keeps up. Kante provides a ton of cover for the defense when deployed in his typical position.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I've held out hope for Xhaka for longer than most, but he should never start for us again. It's painful to watch him.
Every once and a while he’ll spray a beautiful pass that gives you hope. But yes, the sooner Torreira starts over him the better.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Sarri may need to change up Jorginho and Kante if this keeps up. Kante provides a ton of cover for the defense when deployed in his typical position.
I wonder how a 4231 would work

Morata
Hazard-Kovacic-Willian
Kante-Jorginho
Alonso/Emerson-Christensen-Rudiger-Azpi

Also looking like Torreira will come on.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Every once and a while he’ll spray a beautiful pass that gives you hope. But yes, the sooner Torreira starts over him the better.

I think it irritates me more that he has that ability going forward at times, but he has absolutely zero football IQ off the ball. I'd rather the 70m we paid for him and Mustafi be in Kroenke's pockets than out on the pitch right now.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
That's going to be the case for both teams for a while. Expect inconsistency in play with two managers bringing in vastly different philosophies than their predecessors.

Sure... except it was a problem them before that too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad