GWT: Premier League Round 2

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Pogba will be fine. He just has to get away from Mourinho. Pogba is a top 5 midfielder in the league at worst even with the shackles on him
Pogba has been fine. He’s been fantastic. It doesn’t matter what the media is saying because they are wrong. He’s been good his entire time at United.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Pogba has been fine. He’s been fantastic. It doesn’t matter what the media is saying because they are wrong. He’s been good his entire time at United.
He is the least of their problems for sure.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He is the least of their problems for sure.
Agreed. I still think that right now it’s hard to judge United with arguably their most important player last season still missing (Matic). Pogba Fred and Pereira have been really good but none of them have the stabilization ability that Matic has

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well, I don't think Pogba has shown the IQ side of the game at the level of Modric, Ronaldo or Messi in their particular positions. Majority of us hoped that when he went to Juventus from United he would eventually gain the game through experience and become a complete force. He is still a force of a player, but I propose that he's this generation of Yaya Toure instead of the next Modric, Iniesta, or de Bruyne.

Yeah I mean I said that before the left Juventus for United; the talent is all there but he just isn't smart enough as a player to be a top 5 player maybe even in his position let alone the world. He needs to be in the right structure and environment to really shine (like many players) but he is still a world class talent, incredibly skilled and athletic, so of course he's a great player regardless, and with the way that Sanchez has taken a complete nosedive he's also United's best player by a fair margin.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah I mean I said that before the left Juventus for United; the talent is all there but he just isn't smart enough as a player to be a top 5 player maybe even in his position let alone the world. He needs to be in the right structure and environment to really shine (like many players) but he is still a world class talent, incredibly skilled and athletic, so of course he's a great player regardless, and with the way that Sanchez has taken a complete nosedive he's also United's best player by a fair margin.
If you’re including De Gea I wouldn’t say a fair margin. Right now I see Pogba and DDG as the top 2 most important players on this team. I think that Lukaku and Matic can take that step but right now it’s them and the rest.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

De Gea is a better player than Pogba. But overall I agree.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I generally don't lump keepers in with outfield players because their jobs are so very different and the way they impact the game is very different, but yes de Gea is a better keeper relative to his peers than Pogba is as a midfielder.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I generally don't lump keepers in with outfield players because their jobs are so very different and the way they impact the game is very different, but yes de Gea is a better keeper relative to his peers than Pogba is as a midfielder.

Fair enough.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Fun fact: No team has spent less time in the final third than Manchester United during these first two games. Not even Huddersfield, who faced Chelsea and Manchester City.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Fun fact: No team has spent less time in the final third than Manchester United during these first two games. Not even Huddersfield, who faced Chelsea and Manchester City.
im_shocked.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->