GWT: Premier League Round 1

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Hopefully it isn’t bad for Yedlin. One of those situations where it looks like it’ll either be a strain and he misses a week, or he’ll be out for months.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Looks like Hazard on the bench for Chelsea. Pedro, Willian, Morata, Barkley, Kante, Jorginho, Luiz, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Rudiger, and Arrizabalaga starting.

Was Ritchie injured? Otherwise I am not sure why Rafa replaced him with Atsu.
He looked pissed on the bench, threw the water bottle he was handed. I thought he was their best player up to that point.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Hazard and Giroud getting rested still, probably the right move. I'd be shocked if Hazard didn't enter at like the 65th minute.

Fabregas and Bakayoko not on the bench. Obviously lots of chatter about Baka leaving on loan, but I've heard nothing about Cesc.

EDIT: I'm stupid, Cesc is hurt.

Sarri will be shifting Chelsea more towards a 4-3-3, no? With Azpilicueta at RB?

Correct.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hazard and Giroud getting rested still, probably the right move. I'd be shocked if Hazard didn't enter at like the 65th minute.

Fabregas and Bakayoko not on the bench. Obviously lots of chatter about Baka leaving on loan, but I've heard nothing about Cesc.

EDIT: I'm stupid, Cesc is hurt.
No Kovacic yet either.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Looks like Kante is playing more of a box to box role than his usual role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad