GWT: Premier League Round 1

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I did watch United but not Liverpool. I have no idea where those stats were from. I will see if I can find the tweet. Also I know that stats don’t mean much but when they have similar stats (at least according to the tweet I saw which was from a United fan) just the difference in how they are seen.

Edit found it

Again I know that stats don’t mean much but according to this they had similar stats and it’s crazy how different they are talked about. Right now I think it’s popular to talk up Liverpool and crap on United.

I didn't watch the second half of the United game, however...

The difference is that Keita made plays that directly led to goals. First goal was created by him opening the field. He also played much further forward than Fred.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I did not watch the match, but didn't Fred foul like seven times or something pretty bad?

Edit: three fouls in the first 55 minutes and that silly kick-out. Not as bad as I thought I'd heard.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Stop posting stats unless they are related to van Dijk being amazing please. As per the request of Mr. Havre...something related to being unhappy about needing to provide context, watch games, or support the numbers.

Reactions: robertmac43

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I love Pavard actually.

I knew little about him prior the world cup and he was the big standout for me. I started watching many videos of him and I was blown away by his agressiveness and technique. Very promising future ahead.

I do think he might be closer than World Class than we think.
Since he was lost in the QF, SF and final, it's fair to say he isn't WC. Admittedly, he was playing out of position. Still.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Since he was lost in the QF, SF and final, it's fair to say he isn't WC. Admittedly, he was playing out of position. Still.

Both Hazard and Perisic ripped him to pieces. He altogether had a good tournament, especially considering he was out of position, but world class he is not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad