GWT: Premier League October 22-23

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Mourinho is already showing his true colours after the whole nightmare with Chelsea last season. He needs to stop acting like he's on a whole other level, when he's not. Tactically, he is absolute garbage and is making a Man Utd team that should be Top-4 into a midtable team.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Ivorian media is losing it after an English site claimed ligament injuries typically take out players for 9 months. I don't want to pre-diagnose but I can't recall that ever being the case. Ligament injuries are almost always 6-8 weeks. Only exception are ACL and MCL, meniscus tears, which we're usually informed about right away because they're incredibly obvious, and even those are maybe 6-8 months, 9 months you would literally have to tear up everything in your knee and he walked off the pitch with very little if any help...

There's video of him limping later...not sure how credible it is, perhaps just grasping at straws but I hope he's ok.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ll-news/man-utd-bailly-injury-update-12068586

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
"ligament injury" doesn't really mean much on its own as there's such a huge range.

A complete tear of one of the major 4 ligaments could be anywhere from 6 months to a year whereas a meniscal tear could result in a return in as soon as 6 weeks and a strain of something could be anywhere from a week or two of rehab to a couple months or rehab.

In all cases it would be possible to walk off the field with only a limp or you could end up needing to be carted off.

Honestly it's hard to say anything for sure until he's had the proper followup (which should happen today)

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
"ligament injury" doesn't really mean much on its own as there's such a huge range.

A complete tear of one of the major 4 ligaments could be anywhere from 6 months to a year whereas a meniscal tear could result in a return in as soon as 6 weeks and a strain of something could be anywhere from a week or two of rehab to a couple months or rehab.

In all cases it would be possible to walk off the field with only a limp or you could end up needing to be carted off.

Honestly it's hard to say anything for sure until he's had the proper followup (which should happen today)
I feel like medical technology has improved though to the point where recently I can't remember a whole lot of ACL/MCL tears needing significantly more than 6-8 months recovery. I remember growing up an ACL tear meant you were out forever but I feel like the practice has come a long way. That said you obviously seem to know more so I believe you...

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
MCL's are 8 weeks because they don't require surgery, but ACL, LCL, and PCL will be longer. Sometimes it can be 9 months depending no how quickly someone can have surgery, but if more damage was done to the knee, such as multiple ligaments or meniscus damage as well, then the surgery is typically delayed a little and rehab can take longer. That's why 6-9 months is the rough estimate in those cases. Some people can return in 4 months and some can take 12+ months, it really depends on the case.

Another factor to recovery is the method of the surgery of how the ACL is replaced. Some surgeons prefer to use the patellar tendon and others prefer the hamstring. Different pros and cons to each, and one of those is recovery time.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
MCL's are 8 weeks because they don't require surgery, but ACL, LCL, and PCL will be longer. Sometimes it can be 9 months depending no how quickly someone can have surgery, but if more damage was done to the knee, such as multiple ligaments or meniscus damage as well, then the surgery is typically delayed a little and rehab can take longer. That's why 6-9 months is the rough estimate in those cases. Some people can return in 4 months and some can take 12+ months, it really depends on the case.

Another factor to recovery is the method of the surgery of how the ACL is replaced. Some surgeons prefer to use the patellar tendon and others prefer the hamstring. Different pros and cons to each, and one of those is recovery time.
Initial reports say it's LCL, est over a month
http://thebusbybabe.sbnation.com/20...bailly-ruled-out-for-a-month-with-knee-injury

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Pretty much this. A meniscal tear could be anywhere from 4 weeks to 2/ 2.5 months. ACL, LCL, PCL, is a somewhat lengthy recovery depending on the severity of the tear. Hopefully he's fine though.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Tortorella is more obnoxious and a bad coach than Mourinho.
At least Mourinho know how to win games and he has somehow respect from some players. Tortorella is basically a loudmouth with little hockey knowledge.

Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
Great to see journeyman Victor Moses getting regular 1st team action, I can't believe he's only 25!!

Very impressed with the changes Conte has made to the lineup and formation since those losses to Liverpool and Arsenal

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Enjoy it while it lasts, because when Terry and Zouma come back I can almost assure you that Azpilicueta will slide over to that spot on the right.

I doubt it. Azpilicueta is better suited being apart of the back 3 than as a wingback. Once Zouma fully recovers, I think we'll see Terry and Cahill on the bench most nights. Moses has been one of our better players during our recent stretch of games.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Great to see Branislav Ivanovic stapled to the bench after he said that the players didn't believe in Conte's plan.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Great to see Branislav Ivanovic stapled to the bench after he said that the players didn't believe in Conte's plan.

I have no idea why they even extended him after how horrible he was last year. Easily the worst player on the entire team.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Moses was garbage on loan at West Ham. Looked into it for about 5% of his time on the pitch. He'll trail off.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
While he probably could, why is he even making comments like that. If he is seriously going to put him back there, he should be fired immediately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad