GWT: Premier League matchday 36

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Looked like a United foul leading to that goal. Also Xhaka being dumb.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Mkhi should have ran over and hugged Wenger while glaring at Mourinho.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
They just said the ref is Kevin Friend. I have a grainy stream and y'all had me convinced it was Mike Dean lol. Which is it?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Announcer summed it up perfectly. United look disjointed on attack. Players are making good runs but no one is ready to supply service to them, balls are being put into dangerous spots but no one is ready to make a run there, two players going to the same spot, etc.

Classic examples of a team that doesn't have attacking direction. They're told to keep shape, keep the ball, and essentially play pickup ball on offense. Sometimes the individual quality they have comes through, but you're almost always left thinking they could offer a lot more.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Not sure how much of that was good luck and how much was judgement. Was more of the back of the head than I thought on first look.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not sure how much of that was good luck and how much was judgement. Was more of the back of the head than I thought on first look.

Yea I'm not sure how many times he could do that if you gave him 10 chances. He did nod his head backwards, but it's spectacularly difficult to get control with the back of your head.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Ouch, that's a rough stat.

Arsenal with 6 straight away losses for the first time in the top flight since the 60s.

Sure the losses to Spurs and United are understandable, but the other 4 are rough.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Enrique supposedly isn't coming because he wants to spend big this summer but Gazidis would not want to.
I've read that as well, ..he wants somewhere in the region of £200 million, and his wage demand is excessive.

not really going tto rely on what the papers say, as I've read Arsenal will only give the next manager £50 miilion war chest, and another Tuttosport, claims that the new Arsenal manager will receive a transfer budget in the region of £175 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad