GWT: Premier League matchday 36

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Liverpool squandering many chances but Stoke facing relegation continued to push numbers up all of the first half.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
lol at the ref showing advantage of the ball when it would have been a penalty if he blew the whistle. Don't necessarily think it was a penalty but it was just weird

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
They could have taken a knife out and stabbed us in the box today and we wouldn't be getting a penalty.

Enjoy relegation. Garbage team.

Reactions: All Might

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Considering the goal difference Liverpool could still lose to Chelsea and win against Brighton and pretty much be guaranteed a top 4 spot.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
That's not a performane you wanna see. This game and the West Brom game is pretty strong evidence how thin the squad is. Need way better backups for next season if Liverpool wants to take the next step

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That's not a performane you wanna see. This game and the West Brom game is pretty strong evidence how thin the squad is. Need way better backups for next season if Liverpool wants to take the next step
Well I mean we obviously need better back ups but that wasn't proven by this game. We had plenty of first XIs and Salah and Trent should have scored, there should have been at least two penalties and Ings was fractionally offside on a really nice goal. Honestly Stoke are fighting relegation and that's the performance they put in? They're trash and deserve to go down.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Well I mean we obviously need better back ups but that wasn't proven by this game. We had plenty of first XIs and Salah and Trent should have scored, there should have been at least two penalties and Ings was fractionally offside on a really nice goal. Honestly Stoke are fighting relegation and that's the performance they put in? They're trash and deserve to go down.

?

Stoke is fighting relegation and took a trip to the third place team in the league, a team also with one foot already in the CL finals.

They’re completely outclassed, not sure you could really expect them to do much better than they did. They tried to get forward when they could, but for the most part Liverpool just has more talent at basically every position.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

My point is then the like of Salah and others who had their mind somewhere else wouldn't have had to play, instead it could have been quality players with a point to prove that would have showed some heart and determination.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Considering the goal difference Liverpool could still lose to Chelsea and win against Brighton and pretty much be guaranteed a top 4 spot.

I don't know if this scenario has been discussed or not, but let's say in the final weeks both Spurs and Chelsea leapfrog Liverpool, but then Liverpool wins the CL and Arsenal wins the EL

Will the EPL then be allowed to send 6 teams to the CL next season?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Refs were dreadful again today. Tottenham have won more penalties this year at Anfield than Liverpool has.

Every week it's something else. This season has been ridiculous.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't know if this scenario has been discussed or not, but let's say in the final weeks both Spurs and Chelsea leapfrog Liverpool, but then Liverpool wins the CL and Arsenal wins the EL

No, the 4th french team would get direct qualification for the CL.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

No. Fourth place doesn't get to go.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Nope, 4th Place doesn’t go. There’s nothing I want more than Tottenham to finish fourth and have this happen.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Heavily rotated side for Arsenal today, so they'll probably get smashed. Excited to see Nelson, Mavropanos, and AMN in midfield.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->