Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Hull just look so incompetent with the ball against Arsenal so far

Sanchez has them up 1-0

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
I think the argument is that even though it hit his hand, it's not handling because his arm is in a natural position and he had no chance of getting it out of the way, even if Arsenal did score as a result.

I don't think a goal scored that way should stand, but I understand that the laws may not reflect that.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Yeah the handball rules are weird. Imo air between body and arm = handall in all situations. Just make it easy

Thing is, all season if a defender handball the ball like that inside the penalty area they usually don't call it, because it's affects the game too much for an unintentional handball. But if the same handball happens outside the panalty area they call it every single time. With that said shouldn't the mindset be the same the other way around? Score with your arm/hand = no goal

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Yeah the handball rules are weird. Imo air between body and arm = handall in all situations. Just make it easy

Thing is, all season if a defender handball the ball like that inside the penalty area they usually don't call it, because it's affects the game too much for an unintentional handball. But if the same handball happens outside the panalty area they call it every single time. With that said shouldn't the mindset be the same the other way around? Score with your arm/hand = no goal

I agree completely.

In any case, this feels like Hull are going to grab one and we'll see a bunch of "Wenger Out" signs before the game is done. Markovic looks dangerous.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Guess not.

Still, Arsenal looked better than last week, but still vulnerable. Ozil and Sanchez were more in sync than I've seen them in a while.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This defending from Spurs is pathetic. They are usually much more solid than this...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad