GWT: Premier League Matchday 25, 2\11 - 2\13

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Every game that the other top 5 teams can take away points from each other, the better. Solid day for Chelsea again, now they need to win tomorrow.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wijnaldum should be starting over Can basically all the time.

Yep...our speed of play and ability to soak pressure with Wijnaldum on the field is just lightyears better than when Can is playing. That said Wijnaldum had a fantastic game today. His pass for Mane's goal was perfect, and he had a bunch of really nice plays. Seems to be growing in confidence.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Winning is good and they beat a team that I have no love for at all. That being said LFC win these games. They need to beat the bottom feeders

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
IIRC they mentioned on the broadcast that Liverpool have the most points against the top 6 this year.

They do. Unfortunately it doesn't matter. To win the league you need to crush the bad teams. Liverpool does not.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Sportsnet is the worst. Chelsea game on sportsnet world, nobody gets it, nothing else showing on any of the other channels and they have a broadcast time of 7-1030, to really mess with people.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
NBCs coverage is actually pretty solid. NBCSN will have the games that start between 7 and 11 EST usually and NBC will show the 11 or 12 game. If there's multiple on (like 10am est Saturday's) they overflow to a couple other channels or everything is streaming online.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
As an Arsenal fan, I guess today is a good thing.

Tough schedule till the end of the year though. Only four games against teams from the bottom half of the table, and one of those is Leicester. Pretty likely City jumps to second tomorrow

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Liverpool went six weeks between league wins. Probably only a point off champions league qualification after tomorrow, could have been worse.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool went six weeks between league wins. Probably only a point off champions league qualification after tomorrow, could have been worse.

It's worse. They should have left everyone in the dust and now the Manchester teams are in form.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
It's worse. They should have left everyone in the dust and now the Manchester teams are in form.

I disagree, especially considering Spurs and Arsenal dropped points to teams they should have beat. They were never going to continue their form and were always due a bad run. Couple that with losing Mane, and that is what happened.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I disagree, especially considering Spurs and Arsenal dropped points to teams they should have beat. They were never going to continue their form and were always due a bad run. Couple that with losing Mane, and that is what happened.

There are bad runs/dropping points and there is not winning for a month and a half. Liverpool did the latter.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not thrilled that Chelsea dropped points against Burnley, but they are still up by 10 points with 13 games left.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I could see Spurs / City making a run over the last part of the season, but I don't think that Chelsea are in any real danger of losing the title.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I could see Spurs / City making a run over the last part of the season, but I don't think that Chelsea are in any real danger of losing the title.

Chelsea will really have to collapse to lose out now. Of course anything can still happen, but they have put themselves in a position where it's their title to lose.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The best thing that could happen to Leicester now is to get curb stomped against Sevilla in leg one. Make it clear the match isn't in reach.

Even losing to millwall would probably be a good thing to make them focus on winning in the league.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
The best thing that could happen to Leicester now is to get curb stomped against Sevilla in leg one. Make it clear the match isn't in reach.

Even losing to millwall would probably be a good thing to make them focus on winning in the league.

Who can they beat in the league? Palace? Maybe Sunderland?

Huth and Morgan are completely overmatched at this point. Schmeichel is nowhere near where he was last year. They have nothing on offense save Gray. Even then, there's no one for him to pass to. Vardy has been awful. Mahrez is invisible. I wonder what would've happened if they'd sold those two on top of selling Kante. It's sad to watch them play in the league right now.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Who can they beat in the league? Palace? Maybe Sunderland?

Huth and Morgan are completely overmatched at this point. Schmeichel is nowhere near where he was last year. They have nothing on offense save Gray. Even then, there's no one for him to pass to. Vardy has been awful. Mahrez is invisible. I wonder what would've happened if they'd sold those two on top of selling Kante. It's sad to watch them play in the league right now.

Well they came back down to earth. No one should be that suprised, but they really should've cashed in on Vardy, he's incredibly overrated.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Well they came back down to earth. No one should be that suprised, but they really should've cashed in on Vardy, he's incredibly overrated.
I don't think anyone expected Vardy to come crashing down to earth this hard.Also it would have looked bad if they sold Vardy after selling Kanté.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad