GWT: Premier League Match day 29

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
His legacy is tarnished. Most people wont remember the invincibles for a long time. They'll see 8-2, 6-0, 5-1, 7 straight years of R16 defeats before they remember the early years.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If Arsenal lose or draw today they're officially on pace for less points than Everton last season iirc.

Can't say it's not a little satisfying to watch.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If Arsenal lose or draw today they're officially on pace for less points than Everton last season iirc.

Can't say it's not a little satisfying to watch.

It’s actually their own finish last year. If they win every game (including today) they cap out at 75 points. City is at 75 points now so if they don’t win, it will be mathematically impossible for them to catch City.

I mean that’ll likely happen later today when City plays anyway, but it’s still crazy.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I think the fact that they can't statistically reach City is not so crazy. What's crazy is they're LOSING TO EFFING BRIGHTON. Eff this team.

Reactions: Evilo

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Hate it when refs are weak. He has to give a penalty or show Xhaka a second yellow.

Arsenal looking quite strong now.

Reactions: Fro

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It’s actually their own finish last year. If they win every game (including today) they cap out at 75 points. City is at 75 points now so if they don’t win, it will be mathematically impossible for them to catch City.

I mean that’ll likely happen later today when City plays anyway, but it’s still crazy.
?

If they lose today they'll be on pace for 59 points. Everton finished with 61 in 7th last season.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think the fact that they can't statistically reach City is not so crazy. What's crazy is they're LOSING TO EFFING BRIGHTON. Eff this team.

Arsenal being mathematically eliminated from the title with 1/4 of the season remaining is significant.

Even if you knock some point off City and put them at the spot a normal 1st place team would be, Arsenal is still likely mathematically eliminated on the 30th game of the season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sorry I misread. Thought you were talking about maximum points since I heard that referenced against City during the week.
Oh no worries that's what I figured but just wanted to clarify and post the numbers anyway.

Hope Brighton can hold on.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say Arsenal was as much an underdog in those games as Brighton was in this one.
Yeah, but part of the trouble for Arsenal fans is that they expect to compete with City. Sure, City is the best side probably in Europe this season, but Arsenal should be at least giving them an effort. Two 3-0s is hard to take. This loss will make them despondent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad