GWT: Premier League Match day 29

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
There should have been 2 clear penalties for Salah in the last 10 minutes.

Complete joke..

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If that had been the 'underdog' team that had defended for 90 minutes with 0 shots on goal it would have been a penalty (even though it was outside the box) and a red card.

How Lovren got called in that Everton game when there was nothing in it but there's no call there...I wish I could say it was surprising.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Minimum Red Card on that last play. Stonewall penalty if inside box.

If that would have happened to Kane it would have been a national incident.

3 points is nice though. Sorry Rafa.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The problem with the play isn't what Liverpool deserved, it's that the other teams in the relegation zone deserved to see Lascelles banned.

Hopefully City wins tomorrow. Will be seven points ahead of fifth if so.

Farhad Moshiri says £27m Tosun arrival means Everton boast Merseyside's Fab Four

ZVMEVrbM_MPH-kYG3jYQ8zRMVL3kfQ8HvGOJwsPGx-k.jpg

26 points ahead of Everton lol.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The number of missed calls against Salah this season has been pretty ridiculous. Kane certainly does get more calls and ones that Salah doesnt.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
If that had been the 'underdog' team that had defended for 90 minutes with 0 shots on goal it would have been a penalty (even though it was outside the box) and a red card.

The odds would be against your theory if the underdog team was Newcastle United- they last saw an opponent suffer a red card in a Premier League game on 28 January 2014. Which is a long time. Especially in a league renowned for being as physical and fast-paced as England's. It's enough to make one droolingly paranoid.

Newcastle's last penalty at Anfield? 1st October 1988. I'll let you consult a calendar to decide whether or not that seems indecently recent.

Not to deny Lascelles got off lightly today, mind you- and as LITN notes, as a result he stands to be available for the vital home game with Southampton.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The odds would be against your theory if the underdog team was Newcastle United- they last saw an opponent suffer a red card in a Premier League game on 28 January 2014. Which is a long time. Especially in a league renowned for being as physical and fast-paced as England's. It's enough to make one droolingly paranoid.

Newcastle's last penalty at Anfield? 1st October 1988. I'll let you consult a calendar to decide whether or not that seems indecently recent.

Not to deny Lascelles got off lightly today, mind you- and as LITN notes, as a result he stands to be available for the vital home game with Southampton.
Either way, I hope Rafa keeps y’all up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad