GWT: Premier League Gameweek 11

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yes, a very funny game. Maybe at some point this season the more expensive world class finisher Lacazette will have more goals than the Egyptian Welbeck who isn't even a striker. Seven goals behind already.
Come on now, Lacazette would be in the top 5-7 in goals if Wenger decided to play him not only properly, but also to full 90 minutes on occasion.

Don't you think Lacazette would have better stats if he played for Klopp besides Wenger?

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
I was initially upset that Sportsnet wasn't showing Chelsea-Man U but the Everton vs Watford game was amazing in the second half.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
I don't really think any combination of a starting XI from Arsenal would beat City. They are just too good. Napoli played amazing against them and lost 4-2. As safe as a bet to win their league as there is. A PSG/City final, unless they meet earlier, is a pretty good bet.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That Liverpool v Chelsea game on the 25th might be very important.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I think the Glazers should spend their money on making a scientific breakthrough to clone Sir Alex. Seriously him retiring is when United became just another top team.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't really think any combination of a starting XI from Arsenal would beat City. They are just too good. Napoli played amazing against them and lost 4-2. As safe as a bet to win their league as there is. A PSG/City final, unless they meet earlier, is a pretty good bet.
It also shows how far Arsenal have fallen. We're ****.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Conte said he doesnt know if Luiz has a future at this club and he said he must get on with the other players or sit in the stands..

Guess there was a falling out.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Probably some Chinese club willing to pay 150m for him so.....

Credit to Chelsea. Looked like a team again. Can´t think of a season with the top 6 being that solid.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Just caught up with the Chelsea/United game. Probably the best game Chelsea have played this season, and they deserved more than a 1 goal win. Some great saves from de Gea and some blown chances by Chelsea kept this closer than the game really was.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Awful offside goal in that City-Arsenal game.

People told me that. It is bad, but not as bad as it was made out to be in my opinion.

Personally I think linesmen generally are very good at offside calls. Extremely annoying when it goes against your team, but much preferable to blowing down borderline calls that weren’t offside.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It was bad, not awful.
What was awful was that the linesman ran like crazy because he was daydreaming and not AT ALL positionned.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
People told me that. It is bad, but not as bad as it was made out to be in my opinion.

Personally I think linesmen generally are very good at offside calls. Extremely annoying when it goes against your team, but much preferable to blowing down borderline calls that weren’t offside.

It was bad, not awful.
What was awful was that the linesman ran like crazy because he was daydreaming and not AT ALL positionned.

Fair enough regarding the language of awful vs bad.

But when you both saw the play, did you not see offside right away before the replays? For me, it seemed clear straight away and the replay merely confirmed it. Usually for offside it is very close live and you miss it until the replay.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
I am very far from being an expert on this sport - but, I have watched almost every Chelsea game and most ManU games this season. Morata seems to be a better player than Lukaku (and cheaper?).

Kante and Morata vs Pogba and Lukaku. Chelsea seems to win that and saved cash.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Also, Manchester City have a +31 goal differential. After 11 games. That is insane.
It also shows how far Arsenal have fallen. We're ****.

It's pretty clear that Manchester City are the best run club in England. By a wide margin. They don't mess around with their transfer business, have a deep squad, and great squad rotation. We haven't even heard a single slip up with their chemistry despite some pretty great talent having to sit games out because of the depth.

Wenger's starting XI's this year have made little sense. And his reluctance to start Lacazette is insane. Ozil/Sanchez are clearly done with the club. Start phasing them out and integrating the guys that will be with you. It's frustrating.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad