Premier League 2021-2022

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Mane/Salah/Firmino/Jota/Minamino/Elliott doesn't feel like putrid or trash to me. To each their own I guess.
Remove the top 2 to AFCON. Add one injury to Jota or Firmino and yes it is putrid and not on par at all with the top competitors. I really like Elliott and I think he has star potential but it would ridiculous to rely on him right now. Look at the abuse Neco Williams has received online.

Firmino/Minamino/Elliott does not cut it for me... not even close. And Origi as backup too :laugh:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I know that the transfer window isn't over yet but I've seen no table predictions here.

Here's mine as of right now:

1. Oil club
2. Oligarch club
3. Liverpool
4. United
5. Spurs
6. Leicester
7. Arsenal
8. Wolves
9. Villa
10. West Ham
11. Leeds
12. Everton
13. Brighton
14. Southampton
15. Brentford
16. Newcastle
17. Palace
18. Watford
19. Burnley
20. Norwich

Reactions: robertmac43

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
1) City
2) Liverpool
3) Chelsea
4) United
5) Leicester
6) Everton
7) Spurs
8) Arsenal
9) Leeds
10) Villa
11) west ham
12)Brighton
13) Wolves
14) Southampton
15) Newcastle
16) Brentford
17) Norwich
18) Palace
19) Burnley
20) Watford

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
1) City
2) Liverpool
3) Chelsea
4) United
5) Leicester
6) Everton
7) Spurs
8) Arsenal
9) Leeds
10) Villa
11) west ham
12)Brighton
13) Wolves
14) Southampton
15) Newcastle
16) Brentford
17) Norwich
18) Palace
19) Burnley
20) Watford
Wow, what makes you so high on Everton?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. United
5. Spurs
6. Leicester
7. Villa
8. Arsenal
9. West Ham
10. Leeds
11. Everton
12. Palace
13. Newcastle
14. Brighton
15. Brentford
16. Wolves
17. Southampton
18. Burnley
19. Norwich
20. Watford

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
1. Man City
2. Man United
3. Chelsea
4. Leicester
5. Liverpool
6. Aston Villa
7. Arsenal
8. Tottenham
9. Leeds
10. Newcastle
11. West Ham
12. Everton
13. Brighton
14. Wolves
15. Southampton
16. Brentford
17. Norwich
18. Watford
19. Burnley
20. Crystal Palace

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Pretty underwhelmed by what all the non-top clubs have done transfer-wise imo very little in terms of improvements.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Remove the top 2 to AFCON. Add one injury to Jota or Firmino and yes it is putrid and not on par at all with the top competitors. I really like Elliott and I think he has star potential but it would ridiculous to rely on him right now. Look at the abuse Neco Williams has received online.

Firmino/Minamino/Elliott does not cut it for me... not even close. And Origi as backup too :laugh:
So take away our three best attackers and we're not on par with the elite teams. I mean, okay? Take away Havertz, Lukaku and Werner and what do Chelsea look like up front? Take away de Bruyne, Torres and Mahrez and what do City look like? Is this really a fair argument? I get that Salah and Mane will be missing some time but in all likelihood if those games they miss are used as their 'rotation' times for the team (maybe they need a bit more, maybe not) it's not like they're going to be missing a significant amount of time more than the top players of most other teams. It's up to Klopp to manage that gametime, and I'm sure he'll do fine. It's not like they stop contributing the other 90% of the season they'll be available for. Feels very disingenuous to argue that Liverpool's attack isn't good enough because you can take away their top 3 players and then it's questionable if they can compete (ignoring that they have the best defence and one of the best midfields in the league).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So take away our three best attackers and we're not on par with the elite teams. I mean, okay? Take away Havertz, Lukaku and Werner and what do Chelsea look like up front? Take away de Bruyne, Torres and Mahrez and what do City look like? Is this really a fair argument? I get that Salah and Mane will be missing some time but in all likelihood if those games they miss are used as their 'rotation' times for the team (maybe they need a bit more, maybe not) it's not like they're going to be missing a significant amount of time more than the top players of most other teams. It's up to Klopp to manage that gametime, and I'm sure he'll do fine. It's not like they stop contributing the other 90% of the season they'll be available for. Feels very disingenuous to argue that Liverpool's attack isn't good enough because you can take away their top 3 players and then it's questionable if they can compete (ignoring that they have the best defence and one of the best midfields in the league).

He thinks we'll finish fifth even though we finished third with zero decent CB's for most of the whole season. Kabak and Phillips also became barely decent towards the end of the season I would say. I don't know if anything you or I say can counter act that kind of negativity. We go into this season with four class CB's when we had none.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You do know that LFC are losing Salah and Mane for AFCON right?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Really curious about how Tuchel does over a full season

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He thinks we'll finish fifth even though we finished third with zero decent CB's for most of the whole season. Kabak and Phillips also became barely decent towards the end of the season I would say. I don't know if anything you or I say can counter act that kind of negativity. We go into this season with four class CB's when we had none.
I was not impressed last year by the offense at all. The only players who performed were Salah and Jota. Mane/Firmino took a huge step back and I am not convinced yet it's just a rough patch. Contrary to most LFC fans I am not drinking the kool aid yet. I am also shocked on how TAA is defended constantly by the fans. I understand he is homegrown and a scouser but he was shockingly bad last year and he got a significant pay raise for that...

As I said prior, I am fully behind Klopp but I think he sometime believe too much in his current players and he does not like transfers to fix issues on the team and he always find internal solutions.

We'll see. I am very... surprised by the lack of worries from LFC fans considering what other top clubs have been doing.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
When's the last time we had a season where it feels like the top four consensus was so strong? Usually, there was an argument for any of the top 7 or so having a chance.

Genuinely do not see how any of those teams have a chance barring insane amount of injuries to United, Chelsea, Liverpool, City

Also curious to see what City's final squad looks like. Jesus, Silva, Laporte out - Kane in? =

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I will add that if LFC can somehow get Harvey Barnes before the end of the transfer window, I will change my tune regarding everything negative I have said about LFC lack of transfer activities.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Lees have done fine. Lost no big name and added some well thought players.

Huh? They didn't lose a lot but they lost their starting LB and Firpo barely played last year, that could go bad. Harrison was already there so I don't really consider that an add. For a team that plays as intense as they do I think they need a few more bodies to help with the depth. They're also the potential of the sophomore slump, so I have them a couple of spots down from last seasons finish.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Man United
4. Liverpool
5. Leicester
6. Tottenham
7. Aston Villa
8. Arsenal
9. West Ham
10. Brighton
11. Everton
12. Leeds
13. Crystal Palace
14. Wolves
15. Norwich
16. Newcastle
17. Southampton
18. Brenford
19. Burnley
20. Watford

TOP FOUR:
Bet on City til proven otherwise. Other three I'm fairly confident. I think it'll be generally a four-way cluster at the top.

FIVE TO NINE:
Vardy takes step back this year, Ndidi and Iheanacho go to AFCON. Thus, gap between Leicester and fourth will be bigger than past few years. Kane isn't leaving, I think Spurs will be fine but not great. Villa's transfer business has been good, IMO. But if they don't finish 7th, they'll finish 14th. Arsenal I continue to be really meh on. West Ham will be swamped with Europe and struggle with that.

TEN TO FOURTEEN:
Brighton will shake the xG bogeyman a little bit, maybe? Everton are weird. Leeds finished the season amazingly last year and could easily be in the above category, but I do wonder if - given a pre-season to prep for them - other teams will have more of a sense of how to play them this year. Palace have done good business but I think it'll be an up and down year. Wolves confuse me.

FIFTEEN TO TWENTY:
Norwich are far better now than two seasons ago, even without Buendia. Newcastle are dire but if Wilson and Saint Maximin can stay even slightly fit they'll score enough to stay up. Southampton are extremely dire and will barely avoid relegation. Brentford will find the step up hard, I think, like Norwich did two years ago. Burnley's squad is so thin and Sean Dyche seems very exhausted. Watford are very meh.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You do know that LFC are losing Salah and Mane for AFCON right?
Yes, I addressed that in the post.

Seems weird to hang your entire valuation of Liverpool on whether or not they sign Harvey Barnes though; wouldn't be surprised at all if Elliott is already better (I think he is).

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yes, I addressed that in the post.

Seems weird to hang your entire valuation of Liverpool on whether or not they sign Harvey Barnes though; wouldn't be surprised at all if Elliott is already better (I think he is).
:laugh: oh boy.. if Barnes was from the netherland you would say the opposite. You know that other team have good players, not just Liverpool. I still remember your crazy expectations on Woodburn. Elliott is a kid. Let him grow before putting crazy expectations on him. I think he has a great future but it would be incredible if he become a decent EPL player first nevermind a superstar.

As for Barnes he is my favorite non LFC player in the whole premier league. The guy is fast, technical, both footed, relentless and a great finisher. He is so underrated because he plays for Leicester. It is not coincidence that Leicester form dropped significantly when he got injured last year.

Anyway he would be too good to be true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad