Premier League 2021-2022

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Hopefully he’s able to fully recover. He’s got a ton of miles on his body for his age and seems to have a habit of picking up knocks (although mostly playing through them). Hopefully it doesn’t start to add up long term.

I actually think its good for him to take that long off. He's been banged up for awhile, and just plays through it.

At least it's a shoulder and not a knee/ankle injury. It's not ideal that's he is missing the start of a season, and it would have been great to have done right after last season, but I'm not going to hold it against a guy for wanting to play for his country in the Euros.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Hopefully he’s able to fully recover. He’s got a ton of miles on his body for his age and seems to have a habit of picking up knocks (although mostly playing through them). Hopefully it doesn’t start to add up long term.
12 weeks off will be so good for him. Gonna suck to miss him to start the season, but we should be able to get by to start the season. Getting a fully fit Rashford to end the season will be huge.

Reactions: Jussi

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Really like what Palace has been doing in the transfer window the past two seasons. Finally going for youth and getting some good ones as well. With Brentford up I was hoping to see another London club go down but it appears it won't be Palace. Watford is more likely.

Reactions: JPBolts

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Reactions: Fro

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Yikes.

I don't think there's any turning back, his relationship with Levy has hit rock bottom. Stall until deadline for highest price.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Really like what Palace has been doing in the transfer window the past two seasons. Finally going for youth and getting some good ones as well. With Brentford up I was hoping to see another London club go down but it appears it won't be Palace. Watford is more likely.
They're one of the best run teams in the PL imo. They've invested in ways that might not be exciting short term but they'll be a mainstay for a long time.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Don't shoot the messenger pls

E79kxckXsAMDofG

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean...could also just look at his track record rather than this summer and the team he's coaching. <_<

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Or he stopped being an idealist and saw how things are? He's clearly changed since that 09. I mean who hasn't.

I much prefer Kloppo's wind remarks tbh.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Yeah I mean in 2009 transfers were for a bag of apples and a pat on the shoulder? I don't think the game has changed much since 2009 really. It's not like a transfer for 40 million becoming a transfer for 80 million really alters the fundamental nature of things.

He also bought Dani Alves prior to those remarks, and for a huge sum at the time. It seems more like it's easy to wax poetically about that 'homegrown' philosophy when you happen to have players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Thiago and Pedro who are from your own youth system at your disposal at that point in time. Of course, Barca have never been shy to supplement that with whatever expensive player they needed, so that stuff always had to be taken with a grain of salt.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah I mean in 2009 transfers were for a bag of apples and a pat on the shoulder? I don't think the game has changed much since 2009 really. It's not like a transfer for 40 million becoming a transfer for 80 million really alters the fundamental nature of things.

He also bought Dani Alves prior to those remarks, and for a huge sum at the time. It seems more like it's easy to wax poetically about that 'homegrown' philosophy when you happen to have players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Thiago and Pedro who are from your own youth system at your disposal at that point in time. Of course, Barca have never been shy to supplement that with whatever expensive player they needed, so that stuff always had to be taken with a grain of salt.
I said he has changed not the game. Market has gotten worse though... obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad