Premier League 2021-2022

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean that doesn’t really help the narrative, to be in the middle while clamoring for more subs. If pool was at the top sure.

Regardless, this is rotation not in game subs
The narrative is Bologna though. That is the point. Every other league did it. They did it at the Euros. It doesn’t hurt the game. No reason not to help the players out.

And the FA/PL is still proving they don’t care by bringing back two legged Carabao Cup semis and FA Cup replays too, because they’ve learned literally nothing.

Not worth arguing about anymore though, just obvious that they can’t stay out of their own way.

Reactions: luiginb

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The narrative is Bologna though. That is the point. Every other league did it. They did it at the Euros. It doesn’t hurt the game. No reason not to help the players out.

And the FA/PL is still proving they don’t care by bringing back two legged Carabao Cup semis and FA Cup replays too, because they’ve learned literally nothing.

Not worth arguing about anymore though, just obvious that they can’t stay out of their own way.
The whole narrative was that it doesn’t matter if you have five subs when you don’t even use three. Not sure how you can call that Bologna

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The whole narrative was that it doesn’t matter if you have five subs when you don’t even use three. Not sure how you can call that Bologna
Except Klopp used 3 in almost every game this season. And rotated at the mean of everyone else. But don’t let facts get in the way of the narrative of course.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I like how the graph actually shows the exact opposite of what you think it does. It shows Liverpool rotated a lot less than its peers and more in line with small teams with well defined first teams. Which actually backs up the criticism that Klopp doesn't use the squad well and instead grinds his 1st XI into the ground. Liverpool FC has/should have depth comparable to or better than say Spurs or Arsenal..instead its rotation pattern is that of a much smaller club without depth relying on the same handful of good players week-in week-out.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Except Klopp used 3 in almost every game this season. And rotated at the mean of everyone else. But don’t let facts get in the way of the narrative of course.
I’m happy to change the narrative if you can show he subbed more than everyone else (and not just in the 87th minute). Best way to do that probably is % of minutes to subs.
But again, rotating an average amount doesn’t set the narrative you’re trying to set either.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I like how the graph actually shows the exact opposite of what you think it does. It shows Liverpool rotated a lot less than its peers and more in line with small teams with well defined first teams. Which actually backs up the criticism that Klopp doesn't use the squad well and instead grinds his 1st XI into the ground. Liverpool FC has/should have depth comparable to or better than say Spurs or Arsenal..instead its rotation pattern is that of a much smaller club without depth relying on the same handful of good players week-in week-out.
It’s a legitimate criticism that Klopp leans on the starters a lot, but last season what other choice did he have? Liverpool scorers similarly to the smaller squads with defined XI because the squad depth was taken away from very early in the season. On paper this was a much deeper LFC squad going into the season, and it ended the season with the most common CB pairing being Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams. LFC had depth until the injuries started, and even with the injuries LFC rotated at League average.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’m happy to change the narrative if you can show he subbed more than everyone else (and not just in the 87th minute). Best way to do that probably is % of minutes to subs.
But again, rotating an average amount doesn’t set the narrative you’re trying to set either.
What narrative am I trying to set? Go dig up the match reports. I think i actually did a post on it in last years thread so go find that. Klopp didn’t make 3 subs against City and the talking heads jumped on it. In reality there is nothing out of the ordinary out of how Klopp managed his bench

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
What narrative am I trying to set? Go dig up the match reports. I think i actually did a post on it in last years thread so go find that. Klopp didn’t make 3 subs against City and the talking heads jumped on it. In reality there is nothing out of the ordinary out of how Klopp managed his bench
I agree - nothing out of the ordinary. Which, when you're pushing for a change to 5 subs, doesn't help the narrative.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I agree - nothing out of the ordinary. Which, when you're pushing for a change to 5 subs, doesn't help the narrative.
The only thing out of the ordinary last season was the PL not going to 5 clubs.

I think we have exhausted this topic though.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
What squad? Look at the average City or United bench. Look even at Arsenal's or Spurs'. If Klopp had City's bench, he'd rotate more.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Married Premier League player arrested on suspicion of child sex offences, with club suspending the 31-year-old while police investigate the allegations..

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I'm reading Gylfi.
Has to be, Everton just put out this: Club Statement

The only two players that are 31 and married on their team are Gylfi and Delph. Delph played this past Saturday, Gylfi didn't and James was wearing his #10 shirt.

Definitely a total shocker if true - guess you can never judge a book by its cover. This dude is literally the face of an entire country, he's their biggest export.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad