Premier League 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Kante isn't and never has been a holding midfielder, but he's definitely a "defensive midfielder" as in his primary role is to stop the opposition. He can absolutely destroy in a 2 or 3 man midfield, as long as he's allowed to roam side to side like he does best. The problem with Sarri's system is that he wasn't being used to his strengths, and it had nothing to do with getting forward. It was that he was being used too much as a pivot to supplement the attack rather than his destroyer role, and Sarri had him playing far too static compared with his normal fluid movement. This also left Jorginho horribly exposed as he didn't have Kante sweeping the width of the midfield in front of him.

There were just so many pieces that didn't fit Sarri's system. I just got so annoyed with the so-called experts that kept going on and on that Kante needed to have been in Jorginho's spot.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I'm not convinced. Liverpool look like they're walking on the field.
They look like it is a pre season game and deflated.

So much for keeping the core intact so they can challenge again. This team need an electroshock. So much complacency in that squad.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They look like it is a pre season and deflated.

So much for keeping the core intact. This team need an electroshock. So much complacency in that squad.
Part of it is a trophy that doesn't mean all that much. It's simply just a more important Community Shield.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
There were just so many pieces that didn't fit Sarri's system. I just got so annoyed with the so-called experts that kept going on and on that Kante needed to have been in Jorginho's spot.
My issue is that they should have been playing beside each other with Jorginho being static and Kante drifting the whole width of the pitch. There was too much separation between them to be an effective combo when defending. Kante has been his most dominant with Leicester, Chelsea, and France when the team uses a defensive formation to funnel the attacking opponent into a hole that Kante then cuts off, takes the ball from them, and springs a counter to overload the now trapped opponent. Ranieri and Conte used this to devastating effect.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Why does it seem Liverpool fans on here are either super cocky at times or super pessimistic. It's like some are on the top of the world or think everything is burning.

Reactions: bluesfan94

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The thing I don't like about 'not reading much into it' is that these kind of games can still be used to build confidence. So if the players are going to play that flat you may as well have guys like Brewster and Hoever out there who want to prove themselves and be in game shape.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
My issue is that they should have been playing beside each other with Jorginho being static and Kante drifting the whole width of the pitch. There was too much separation between them to be an effective combo when defending. Kante has been his most dominant with Leicester, Chelsea, and France when the team uses a defensive formation to funnel the attacking opponent into a hole that Kante then cuts off, takes the ball from them, and springs a counter to overload the now trapped opponent. Ranieri and Conte used this to devastating effect.
Agreed.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Why does it seem Liverpool fans on here are either super cocky at times or super pessimistic. It's like some are on the top of the world or think everything is burning.
Why does it seem like everyone on here feels the need to label Liverpool fans one way or another? It's like you guys are obsessed.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well, Firmino coming on changed things rather quickly. Would like to see a closer replay of that though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Oh wow, on replay that was an incredibly clever play by Firmino. Completely deliberate touch over to Mane.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I can't use enough superlatives to describe Firmino. That player completely transforms the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad