Premier League 2019-20 Part III

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Christian Pulisic: Frank Lampard challenges Chelsea winger to reach Raheem Sterling and Mo Salah level

"I think he can be a really big player, because he broke through at such a young age in Germany and he made a big move, obviously expectations rise but you have to keep the age in consideration," Lampard said.

"There is no doubt about his quality, we can see that and he is very keen to improve. He's particularly hungry at the minute because he missed some time with an injury.

"If he looks at players around him that have made that sort of a jump, he has the ability like Raheem Sterling to produce numbers from wide areas, like [Mo] Salah and [Sadio] Mane. He understands the work that needs to be done to do that. He definitely has the talent, he needs to get to that level.

"I'm delighted to have him at the minute, he works hard everyday, he has to set his sights as high as he possibly can."

Reactions: bleedblue1223

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Agreed, very selfish move.

I fear this is the last year in the PL for Deeney. He's given us one of the top 10 moments in the last 10 years of football, still smile just hearing the damn name.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Really embarrassing that it happened.

The damage is done but the local fans helped turn the guy in. Turned out the accused is from Lancashire, so at least he isn’t Scouse I guess but still, I hate the kind of narrative that will come out of this.

EDIT. So the social media sleuths checked on this guy. Follows ZERO Liverpool accounts on social media but he follows the s*n. That guy is not a fan.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

This article pretty much articulates my feelings on Gerrard. Amazing player, and a good viewpoint on how 08-09 Liverpool team was perfect for his ceiling. It’s a shame for him that Rafa got into a fight with Xabi Alonso and Mascheranos head was turned by Barca. And it coincided with his own and Torres’ decline just a few seasons later.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Poor sportsmanship from Bernardo Silva to not clap, and leave the Guard of Honor early. Poor character.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Obviously different because I’m not getting paid millions of dollars currently but I would never give a guard of honor.
I mean it’s not a special thing that was a one off for Pep. It’s common practice. That’s like an NHL player opting out of a Post series handshake.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Well, the NHL loves to wank all over itself about the sportsmanship of the post-series handshake, but if you ever watch an NFL or NBA game and you see players meeting on the floor after the game ends exchanging pleasantries all the time. And yes, this even happens during playoff games.

It's one of the NHL's most overrated things. Do what you want, because there's nothing inherently wrong with it, but it's something that every broadcaster will make note of when it happens when the equivalent things elsewhere go by without being mentioned, mostly because it's so mundane, so to be expected, that there's nothing noteworthy about it. There's really nothing noteworthy of the post-series handshake line, either.

Reactions: Cassano

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Pregame handshakes make way more sense to me than postgame ones. I know it’s meant to show good sportsmanship but it feels so forced.
Yeah I don’t agree with either but I do agree that it there is going to be a handshake do it before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad