Premier League 2019-20 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think some of those get re-signed such as Pedro, only ones I would be worried about is de Gea (if United don't make the CL) and Eriksen who's mentioned the ideal of wanting to join a new team.

Virgil Van Dijk contract extension

£246k a week until 2025
Who the hell is his agent? Effin' Ozil is making 350K to show up to practice and sit in the VIP section. I mean come on, if I was a player as good as him...I would demand 350K as a starting point.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Who the hell is his agent? Effin' Ozil is making 350K to show up to practice and sit in the VIP section. I mean come on, if I was a player as good as him...I would demand 350K as a starting point.

The club has a wage structure and he said he wanted to be a legend at Liverpool. Some players aren't so greedy.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The club has a wage structure and he said he wanted to be a legend at Liverpool. Some players aren't so greedy.
Yeah no doubt about that, you lot got a good one that's for sure. I just don't understand how he can't be a legend, but also get what he's worth. I am not saying to make him one of the highest players in the world at 400K or anything higher than that, but the agent effed up because I know you Reds would've loved him at 350K too, no?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What will happen to these free agents:

Man U:
David de Gea
Eric Bailly
Timothy Fosu-Mensah
Nemanja Matic

Chelsea:
Willian
Pedro
Olivier Giroud
Calum Hudson-Odoi

LFC:
James Milner
Adam Lallana

Tottenham:
Christian Eriksen
Jan Vertonghen
Toby Alderwiereld
All will resign except maybe Matic, Giroud, Lallana, and very unlikely but possible Alderweireld.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah no doubt about that, you lot got a good one that's for sure. I just don't understand how he can't be a legend, but also get what he's worth. I am not saying to make him one of the highest players in the world at 400K or anything higher than that, but the agent effed up because I know you Reds would've loved him at 350K too, no?

We don't have the money to do that. I would of course pay him anything, but the club doesn't want to go into debt and doesn't have oil money to pay players with.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Man U:
David de Gea
Eric Bailly
Timothy Fosu-Mensah
Nemanja Matic

Chelsea:
Willian
Pedro
Olivier Giroud
Calum Hudson-Odoi

LFC:
James Milner
Adam Lallana

Tottenham:
Christian Eriksen
Jan Vertonghen
Toby Alderwiereld

I thought I heard over the summer that Hudson-Odoi agreed to a new deal.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Man U:
David de Gea
Eric Bailly
Timothy Fosu-Mensah
Nemanja Matic

Chelsea:
Willian
Pedro
Olivier Giroud
Calum Hudson-Odoi

LFC:
James Milner
Adam Lallana

Tottenham:
Christian Eriksen
Jan Vertonghen
Toby Alderwiereld
Callum Hudson-Odoi signed a 5 year deal this summer.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Man U:
David de Gea
Eric Bailly
Timothy Fosu-Mensah
Nemanja Matic

Chelsea:
Willian
Pedro
Olivier Giroud
Calum Hudson-Odoi

LFC:
James Milner
Adam Lallana

Tottenham:
Christian Eriksen
Jan Vertonghen
Toby Alderwiereld

de Gea and Bailly will almost definitely both re-up with United, but I could see Matic leaving on a free. Fosu-Mensah will sign a new contract too, I'd figure.

All the Chelsea guys will re-sign, with the potential exception of Giroud, but what's more likely if he's to leave is that he'll sign an extension and then be sold.

Lallana will go to Bournemouth, you heard it here first.

Tottenham could conceivably lose all three on frees, which would be devastating.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Papers reported that CHO was re-signing, but I'm pretty sure the club hasn't confirmed it, and it's been over a month since.

Reactions: Cassano

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
de Gea and Bailly will almost definitely both re-up with United, but I could see Matic leaving on a free. Fosu-Mensah will sign a new contract too, I'd figure.

All the Chelsea guys will re-sign, with the potential exception of Giroud, but what's more likely if he's to leave is that he'll sign an extension and then be sold.

Lallana will go to Bournemouth, you heard it here first.

Tottenham could conceivably lose all three on frees, which would be devastating.
There was a quote that Giroud said about wanting to go to the MLS. I could see it but at the same time I could see him not doing well there because he’s more of a support striker and needs good wings around him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
https://global.espn.com/football/tottenham-hotspur/story/3937816/kane-ive-never-dived-in-my-career

When asked if he has ever dived, Kane said: "Never and, hopefully, I don't have to. I said after the Arsenal game it's a 50/50 one, similar to the one we got given against us at Wembley the year before. It happens in football.

"I am someone who uses his body well, which as a striker you have to do at every level. On the halfway line it's a free kick every day of the week. In the penalty box you don't always get it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The idea he's "never" dived is obviously absurd, although I wouldn't call that play against Arsenal a dive.

It's Kane intentionally putting his body in a position to draw contact and making sure he's in a position to go down from it. His goal is absolutely not to try to score, it's to draw a penalty, which is why I was glad it wasn't given.

He is right though that the call is almost always made outside the box, especially if it's a defender doing it. Think how many times you've seen a defender rush into his corner with an attacker pressing him tight. Almost without fail, the defender will stop running, back up a tad, and then fall over when the attacker touches his back. And almost without fail, a foul will be blown.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Harry Kane wins 5 free kicks every game from unsportsmanlike dives, he is one of the biggest divers in football history ( although Son and Salah are worse) but the English media is afraid to call him out because they don't want to tarnish the image of their number one darling.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
what club is cool to follow that's not one of the big six
Honestly, you should pick a team based in London (Palace, West Ham, etc) because that is the only place in England that you would want to take a vacation too (if you ever want to see your team live)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad