Premier League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Both Sky Sports and BBC denying that Mourinho would be sacked after today's game. Those are a bit more reliable sources.

Maybe, although I notice that whereas I've seen stories touting Mourinho's impending sacking citing 'senior sources' as having fed them the information that he's done for, even that scant level of attribution is missing from either BBC or the other lot's website articles on the matter.

Anyway, given my own club's glacial, grinding death, my thanks to Manchester United for giving me something to laugh at by dint of their transformation into a full-blown banana republic.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
She's OK legit. More known for her good looks than her football knowledge, but there's no denying she knows a lot of players/coaches.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yes, that's all we need now, a rampaging Gary Neville claiming about how morally superior he is to everyone because he upholds all the "old skool" football traditions. Cry me a bloody river, this sod went nuts after ArsenalFanTV because majority of the fans wanted Wenger gone.

Reactions: All Might and Theon

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Yes, that's all we need now, a rampaging Gary Neville claiming about how morally superior he is to everyone because he upholds all the "old skool" football traditions. Cry me a bloody river, this sod went nuts after ArsenalFanTV because majority of the fans wanted Wenger gone.

Moyes would still be manager if Gary Neville had his way.

Reactions: All Might

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
United still don't have the players to play Blanc's way but if they have patience and give him 2 windows they could make a quick turnaround.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
United still don't have the players to play Blanc's way but if they have patience and give him 2 windows they could make a quick turnaround.
If they play the way they did in the second half they should be fine against everyone but City and Liverpool. They still looked fragile defensively but the possession hid it.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
If they play the way they did in the second half they should be fine against everyone but City and Liverpool. They still looked fragile defensively but the possession hid it.

Their defense sucks. They need to attack as a form of defense. If they makes any sense whatsoever.

Stop running out any back 4 plus Matic and Mctominay. They can’t defend. Just attack and live with it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wouldn't get too excited. They were playing a very defensive Newscastle.

Reactions: All Might

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
With all the criticism of Tottenham so far this year, and I am just as guilty of that as everybody else, 18 points in their first eight matches is their best ever start in the Premier league. So as mediocre as they may look, is it really that bad?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
With all the criticism of Tottenham so far this year, and I am just as guilty of that as everybody else, 18 points in their first eight matches is their best ever start in the Premier league. So as mediocre as they may look, is it really that bad?
They kind of remind me of United from last year where despite looking mediocre they’re still getting results

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

It shows how top heavy the league is.

Tottenham have been awful this year but because there is only 3 decent teams being an awful team can still get you 18 points.

Tottenham will get 4th this year because of default and someone having to finish there rather than them actually being decent.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They haven’t exactly had the toughest schedule.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
People saying the league is a race between City and Liverpool can forget about that. What i saw today was not any better than what i´ve seen from Chelsea and Arsenal. The league is still up for grabs. Exciting times.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
People saying the league is a race between City and Liverpool can forget about that. What i saw today was not any better than what i´ve seen from Chelsea and Arsenal. The league is still up for grabs. Exciting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad