Premier League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Oh.

What's that?

Wolves are in 8th place with the hardest Premier League start of any team....

We had one of our best players make his Premier League debut today (and scored a goal within minutes) and we still have a World Cup CB for the team that finished 3rd who hasn't even made his Premier League debut yet....

"Maybe compete for a Top-10 spot." :facepalm:

LOL

Are you still whining because everyone doesn't think your pathetic little club is the most super awesomest group of players ever?

Since when is saying that a team like Wolves with the meh roster they have can compete for a top 10 finish a negative thing?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
LOL

Are you still whining because everyone doesn't think your pathetic little club is the most super awesomest group of players ever?

Since when is saying that a team like Wolves with the meh roster they have can compete for a top 10 finish a negative thing?
lol "meh roster."

Funny one, fella!

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Also, no one is saying Pogba is playing perfectly or that he doesn’t make mistakes.

Sometimes he does try to do too much even when there are options, sometimes he tries the spectacular instead of the safe, and sometimes that costs the team. No, he’s not the super motor guy who will backtrack like a devil to recover a lost ball, that’s just who he is. However what he creates in trying those when they work, and what he brings otherwise, is worth so, so, so much more than what it costs the team.

Reactions: Gecklund

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
What else do you call it?

It isn't good and it isn't bad so meh.
Isn't good. LUL

okay fella

1 loss in 7 games with a bunch of players who had never played together before. It's only gonna get better from here. And the only game we lost - we dominated the game (before and after the red card). Just couldn't score - which I said is far and away the Wolves biggest weakness. Midfield and defense is absolute class.

Last edited:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Isn't good. LUL

okay fella

1 loss in 7 games with a bunch of players who had never played together before. It's only gonna get better from here. And the only game we lost - we dominated the game (before and after the red card). Just couldn't score - which I said is far and away the Wolves biggest weakness. Midfield and defense is absolute class.

Yes it isn't good.

There isn't a single player on that roster I would want on Spurs and we are woefully short on depth.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well you’d be wrong. He’d be starting. also Patricio is pretty good. Didn’t they sign Dendocker too l?

I can’t see who he would start over.

Patricio is fine but certainly isn’t taking the starting spot from Lloris.

Dendocker isn’t playing over Toby, Vertongen or Sanchez.

It’s a fine roster for a mid table team fighting by to get one of the 8-10 spots but that’s about it.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yes it isn't good.

There isn't a single player on that roster I would want on Spurs and we are woefully short on depth.
Spurs are elite. Wolves aren't quite there yet but they're very, very good.

I love how you're downplaying their start, which was hardest in the Premier League based off last season. We've literally got World Cup players benched.... But it's just an okay roster?

You must be pretty livid with Spurs start then to only be 3 points up on this team with only an okay roster despite having an easier start to the season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, I didn't forget anything. You quoted me saying to someone "you don't watch any United game" with a "do you". And you know I do. So stop there.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Spurs are elite. Wolves aren't quite there yet but they're very, very good.

I love how you're downplaying their start, which was hardest in the Premier League based off last season. We've literally got World Cup players benched.... But it's just an okay roster?

You must be pretty livid with Spurs start then to only be 3 points up on this team with only an okay roster despite having an easier start to the season.

No Spurs are not elite at all and yes I am pretty disgusted with their start so far and have said it before.

As for a WC player on the bench Dondecker was brought to fill out the roster not because he is s good player.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
No Spurs are not elite at all and yes I am pretty disgusted with their start so far and have said it before.

As for a WC player on the bench Dondecker was brought to fill out the roster not because he is s good player.
I feel like you think a player is either Christiano Ronaldo or they are trash.

Dendoncker is a fantastic young player with a ton of potential. He was bought to start at Wolves, but the back 3 have been so incredibly rock solid that he can't get in. Boly is incredible. Coady is just a rock solid player with great leadership. And Bennett is one of the most underrated players I've ever seen.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I feel like you think a player is either Christiano Ronaldo or they are trash.

Dendoncker is a fantastic young player with a ton of potential. He was bought to start at Wolves, but the back 3 have been so incredibly rock solid that he can't get in. Boly is incredible. Coady is just a rock solid player with great leadership. And Bennett is one of the most underrated players I've ever seen.

You would be wrong about the Ronaldo thing, but you seem to assume that if someone doesn't think a Wolves player is awesome that it means he is crap.

Yes Dondecker is a good young player but he was clearly way down the depth chart for Belgium and would be way down the depth chart at Spurs as well. It doesn't mean he sucks just that he isn't great.

As for the others guys I never said that Wolves didn't have fine players just that they didn't have any great guys and the ones you listed are all fine at best.

I said Wolves are going to compete for the 8-10 spot in the EPL, I really don't see what the big issue is, their roster isn't close the big 6 teams and I think Leicester with their better roster and experience is also an unlikely team for them to beat.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You would be wrong about the Ronaldo thing, but you seem to assume that if someone doesn't think a Wolves player is awesome that it means he is crap.

Yes Dondecker is a good young player but he was clearly way down the depth chart for Belgium and would be way down the depth chart at Spurs as well. It doesn't mean he sucks just that he isn't great.

As for the others guys I never said that Wolves didn't have fine players just that they didn't have any great guys and the ones you listed are all fine at best.

I said Wolves are going to compete for the 8-10 spot in the EPL, I really don't see what the big issue is, their roster isn't close the big 6 teams and I think Leicester with their better roster and experience is also an unlikely team for them to beat.
First time I've heard a player with a £110M price tag is just fine. To each their own.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Oh.

What's that?

Wolves are in 8th place with the hardest Premier League start of any team....

We had one of our best players make his Premier League debut today (and scored a goal within minutes) and we still have a World Cup CB for the team that finished 3rd who hasn't even made his Premier League debut yet....

"Maybe compete for a Top-10 spot." :facepalm:
Arsenal's start has been just as hard.

Wolves: Everton (H), Leicester (A), City (H), West Ham (A), Burnley (H), Man United (A), Southampton (H) = 69 Pts.
Arsenal: City (H), Chelsea (A), West Ham (H), Cardiff (A), Newcastle (A), Everton (H), Watford (H) = 69 Pts.

Reactions: KJS14

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Arsenal's start has been just as hard.

Wolves: Everton (H), Leicester (A), City (H), West Ham (A), Burnley (H), Man United (A), Southampton (H) = 69 Pts.
Arsenal: City (H), Chelsea (A), West Ham (H), Cardiff (A), Newcastle (A), Everton (H), Watford (H) = 69 Pts.
This was based of last years standings and admittedly only the first 6 games.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...es-the-toughest-start-to-the-2018-19-campaign

Even still, if you're using your stat line, that's 69 points combined for the opponents I'm assuming? However one group is playing Arsenal and one group is playing Wolves. Arsenal, should, by all means finish above Wolves. I think they're a top-5 side, especially if they can cut down on their goals against.

Personally, I think Wolves finish anywhere from 6-9 without improvements to their scoring. And 6th is if they have everything go right and one of the Top-6 have an awful campaign.

Hopefully Cavaleiro can help up front enough but we'll see.

With improvements in January to scoring... I have no idea what can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad