Premier League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
whoscored ratings are an abomination. For individual stats , it's fine, but their algorithm is garbage.

Use Squawka or (preferably) CIES Football Observatory , if you must use something.

Reactions: Gecklund

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Don't use ratings. Supplement stats with the eye test. The thing is that everyone watching goes in with a bias. That's why flashy players tend to get more attention and smart contributors who are less flashy are often overlooked for how important they are. Just look at the discussions about Coutinho last season.

Stats can tell you a lot of things you don't necessarily focus on during a game. Anyone that ignores stats and their implications is just as ignorant as someone that only looks at stats.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Would you like to guess which United player has a better whoscored rating in EPL games this season?
Yeah I remember a poster here raving about Jorge's whoscored rating for Monaco.
To which I answered : he sucks.
Monaco fans wanted him gone and certainly Monaco send him out this summer for a loss.

I wonder who was the right between the guy who watched the games or whoscored ratings.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
While you have? Oh wait...
I have and the only two things you have brought up to prove that Pogba is bad and at fault are whoscored rating and some article about him turning the ball over yet you don’t provide evidence that it’s only him when no one is making runs and no one is moving.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I have and the only two things you have brought up to prove that Pogba is bad and at fault are whoscored rating and some article about him turning the ball over yet you don’t provide evidence that it’s only him when no one is making runs and no one is moving.

I've got two eyes that have seen him ballhogging when there was real danger of turning it over when there was no need to.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I've got two eyes that have seen him ballhogging when there was real danger of turning it over when there was no need to.

As you could see in many of the cases today, after he was dispossessed while “ball hogging” he was immediately gesturing to teammates pointing out runs that needed to be made.

He was ball hogging becuase no one was making runs, he felt he needed to do it all on his own, and he’s got the crazy technical skill to actually accomplish it sometimes.

Reactions: Gecklund

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
As you could see in many of the cases today, after he was dispossessed while “ball hogging” he was immediately gesturing to teammates pointing out runs that needed to be made.

He was ball hogging becuase no one was making runs, he felt he needed to do it all on his own, and he’s got the crazy technical skill to actually accomplish it sometimes.

Yeah, that was today. No one was making any runs or doing f*** all in general. That wasn't the situation against Wolves when he lost the ball.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, I meant almost all, meaning not all. Jfc, when did you lose your reading comprehension?
Reading comprehension?
Seriously?

I wrote this :
"It seems you really haven't watched any United games..."
You answered :
"While you have? Oh wait..."

Who's got reading problems here?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Oh.

What's that?

Wolves are in 8th place with the hardest Premier League start of any team....

We had one of our best players make his Premier League debut today (and scored a goal within minutes) and we still have a World Cup CB for the team that finished 3rd who hasn't even made his Premier League debut yet....

"Maybe compete for a Top-10 spot." :facepalm:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Oh.

What's that?

Wolves are in 8th place with the hardest Premier League start of any team....

We had one of our best players make his Premier League debut today (and scored a goal within minutes) and we still have a World Cup CB for the team that finished 3rd who hasn't even made his Premier League debut yet....

"Maybe compete for a Top-10 spot." :facepalm:
If United continue this I see the number 6 spot coming down to them, Wolves, Everton, Watford, or Leicester

Reactions: Natey

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So if other players aren't making the moves you want them to and you try to force it anyway you're absolved of responsibility if you fail?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So if other players aren't making the moves you want them to and you try to force it anyway you're absolved of responsibility if you fail?
What is he supposed to do otherwise? You want him to just give the ball to the other team? Cause that’s his only option. There’s no easy pass. By the time he gets the ball the other team surrounds him and cuts off his passing lanes. His teammates literally stand in the same spot the whole time or they move 5 yards because they EXPECT him to do everything.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
You're crowing in September. Steady on, big guy.

West Ham has had a more difficult opening fixture list, by the way. Not that Wolves have had it particularly easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad