Premier League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Really impressed with Amos during the pre-season. Would rather see him than Sissoko for damn sure. Love that he knows who he is and who he is not.

Luke Amos set for contract talks at Tottenham

"I'm more a box-to-box, defensive-minded. I'm not a No.10. I'm not a tricky winger. I focus on running, passing, getting on the ball, making things happen, stopping things. They're things Kante does as well."

"In the past, players [like him] didn't get that, so to see all the praise he's getting is really good. I love his all-round game - his energy, running, tackling, passing. He's taken the defensive midfield or box-to-box midfield role to a new level with his energy. If I can be anything like that, then I'll be a good player.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I love giving youngsters the opportunity. Occasionally you hit the jackpot like Kane, but mostly even the most hyped (Bostock) won’t even be close to making any sort of impact.

In the end we might just be Liverpool fans all of us....

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Chelsea are going nowhere with him and declining Giroud leading their line.

Batshuayi is a dark horse though.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Yes. Who cares about Lanzini when you got Wilshere.....

WH need to move from 13th to 7th. They start off with the handicap of losing their best player (even if he wasn't fit for many games last year). Shiny new toys again....

Best player? Arnautovic ws far and away our best player. In fact Lanzini missed quite a few games last year. Anderson is there to replace Lanzini until he gets back then likely moves to RM or RW, not Wilshere they play different positions (cam vs cm even some cdm). Will Anderson settle in quickly? No idea but has quality once he does. Our RW was atrociously slow last year now we have a rapid fredericks at RB and Yarmolenko at RW who while not super fast is more skillful and faster thinking than Antonio. When the “shiny toys” are easily better than the players they are coming in to replace them it is reason for excitement

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

Chelsea are going nowhere with him and declining Giroud leading their line.

Batshuayi is a dark horse though.

Blaming Morata for yesterday's loss is ridiculous. He got absolutely no service and Chelsea got crushed on every inch of that pitch.

Jorginho was ridiculously woeful, coughed up 3-4 high profile balls on his own.
Ten times worse than anything Morata did or did not show.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Best player? Arnautovic ws far and away our best player. In fact Lanzini missed quite a few games last year. Anderson is there to replace Lanzini until he gets back then likely moves to RM or RW, not Wilshere they play different positions (cam vs cm even some cdm). Will Anderson settle in quickly? No idea but has quality once he does. Our RW was atrociously slow last year now we have a rapid fredericks at RB and Yarmolenko at RW who while not super fast is more skillful and faster thinking than Antonio. When the “shiny toys” are easily better than the players they are coming in to replace them it is reason for excitement

Arnautovic is a hot head who got hot in the 2nd part of the season.
Lanzini is our only player with a footballing mind to actually pass the ball around a bit instead of either punting it forward or trying to dribble past 3 people a la Antonio.

Even on the rare occassions when he (Lanzini) isn't our best player he is by far our most important one.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Lanzini is our only player with a footballing mind to actually pass the ball around a bit instead of either punting it forward or trying to dribble past 3 people a la Antonio.

Even on the rare occassions when he (Lanzini) isn't our best player he is by far our most important one.

I’m not saying he isn’t one of our best players of course he is. He is far to inconsistent which is why he is still at west ham obviously. Arnie got hot once put up top as striker and has stayed hot including pre season (i know pre season is not much) with 6 goals in 5. Lanzini should be back in Jan/feb if the club and player are to be beleived I can’t wait to see him with players around him that can make a 4ft pass and find a teammate.

Also not sure if you follow exwhuemployee on twitter but he is a good insider and apperently we are front runners to get João Mario back on loan he would be the Lanzini fill in, who I thought looked really good in the last 5 or so games last season after taking some time to settle in

Also I’d be very happy to sell brain dead Antonio if we can suck another club into thinking he is good. No vision and rarely beats the 3,4,5 players he takes on

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Arnautovic may be a hot head, but he absolutely has a "footballing mind".

Great summer recruitment so far, but my worry is still the defense and midfield depth. Have looked a little shaky so far. Diop hasn't impressed, but he's young and new to the country/squad/tactics, so no worry long term, but still. I don't like moving Rice out of CB and Ogbonna is just...fine.

Reactions: Walshy7

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

Great summer recruitment so far, but my worry is still the defense and midfield depth. Have looked a little shaky so far. Diop hasn't impressed, but he's young and new to the country/squad/tactics, so no worry long term, but still. I don't like moving Rice out of CB and Ogbonna is just...fine.

Balbuena has looked very good imo. And rice has been fantastic in midfield for Ireland and looked very comfortable on pre season.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Rafa seems pretty angry about Newcastle's window, whilst their players will also be getting 75% less bonuses. Yikes.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Little late in the game for a Courtois move. Cannot go into the season with Caballero and ........Rob Green. Bring back Hilario

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

He's very hit and miss, very inconsistent. Sometimes genius - when hot, and utterly wasteful when cold.
And while he has the technical skills, I don't necessarily agree he thinks football on a top tier level. His passing and decision making leave a lot to be desired a lot of the time.
Which is basically why his career is playing for Stoke and WHU and not for a top club. He has the skills IMO, and he's fine physically.

Don't get me wrong, I love him, but if he wasn't flawed, he'd be playing for the top-6, not us. :D

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He's pretty much like Shaqiri. The only difference is that there are so many more good left side players than right side players. If he played the other side he would have been there by now.

The thing about players like that, it is so hard not to like them because when they're playing their best, they can be world beaters.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Complete bull.

Signed,

a fan of a Kroenke owned team
Which one? He has a poor track record for success with his teams and typically under spends relative to earnings compared with his competition. Arsenal might be the best example of this as they charge a ton for tickets and pull in a lot of revenue while typically spending much less than other clubs with title ambitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad