Premier League 15/16 II: Let's All Try (and Fail) to Hate the Foxes

StatesideSensFan

Jun 29, 2003
Atlanta
Strong language (British cuss word) in link

https://mobile.twitter.com/StephenEvans75/status/730694539372056576/photo/1

@MailOnline Sport, posts photographs of West Ham fans taking "souvenirs", and the next day posts photographs of Liverpool fans "stealing"

Liverpool is redoing their stand and not reusing their seats. West Ham is getting a new stadium. There is no reason they needed to target one, or either team with a negative connotation.

in neither case, was it fans property though so that makes it stealing.
you know damn well what is going to happen to those seats anyways, check an auction site in 6 months and i am sure you will see 45,000 Anfield and 40,000 Boleyn seats.
just another cash grab for the respective clubs.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
in neither case, was it fans property though so that makes it stealing.
you know damn well what is going to happen to those seats anyways, check an auction site in 6 months and i am sure you will see 45,000 Anfield and 40,000 Boleyn seats.
just another cash grab for the respective clubs.

I think you are missing the point.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So, with the postponed United/Bournemouth game still left we're up in the air on the last two Europa league spots. We're assuming United *isn't* going to win by 18 goals :laugh:

There's three scenarios:

- If United wins the FA cup then regardless of the result against Bournemouth then both United and Southampton will receive Europa league group stage berths and West Ham will receive a Third Qualifying round berth (must win that, then win the playoff round to get into the group stage)

- If United loses the FA cup then:
---------Crystal Palace will receive a Group Stage berth
---------If United win or draw against Bournemouth, United will receive a Group Stage berth and Southampton will receive a Third Qualifying round spot
---------If United lose against Bournemouth, Southampton will receive the Group Stage berth and United will receive the Third Qualifying round spot

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So, with United missing the CL again, despite spending the most out of any EPL team for the past two summers, can we establish LVG is out, Mourinho is in and a few players will want out?

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
So, with United missing the CL again, despite spending the most out of any EPL team for the past two summers, can we establish LVG is out

Yes. Should've done it in December when we still had the chance to salvage the season.

Mourinho is in

Also yes, along with a Director of Football in Andrea Berta (hopefully)

and a few players will want out?

Doubt we'll see a whole lot of players leave, but our best player will certainly go. It's sad but I consider him the best goalkeeper in the world so he deserves better than 4th place finishes and thursday night games in Ukraine. Don't care about the others. Mata will leave, fingers crossed for that. Maybe Fellaini too, though I don't want that too happen. Other than that, I'm sure we'll let go of aging/fringe players like Jones and Carrick.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I can't see DdG leaving. The top teams are settled in the keeper position.

Maybe Barca but that's all I see. But if Barca wants him, RM will try to court him as well.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If Mourinho is in, Mata is basically guaranteed to be out. I'd say Depay is almost for sure gone as well. Mata should fetch a solid price, Depay won't get anything remotely close to what they paid for him.

I hope Fellaini is gone, but that has nothing to do with CL football, I just never want to see his stupid afro again.

DDG is an interesting case. On one hand Navas played really well so Madrid should be less likely to make a purchase. One the other, the upcoming two window ban (assuming it doesn't get enforced this summer) may drive them to splash like Barca did a couple years ago. Granted there might be a ruling on the appeal before the window opens so they might be locked out.

Darmian doesn't seem like a typical fullback for Mourinho's style, so there might be some switches there, but I think that'd be more based on feel than players wanting out.

Other than that I don't think the other 'big names' are at risk. Martial, Rooney, Smalling, Shaw would be staying IMO.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Fellaini is partly the reason we're in the FA cup final. He's good defensively, chips in with headers and more importantly brings some steel and physicality to an overall frail side. I think Mou will recognize what he brings to the team. He just needs to play in certain situations and not every game.

Forgot about Depay. It would be foolish to give up after one season because the talent is there, just needs to put it together. Plus missed Luke Shaw's presence a lot this season. I hope we don't sell him, but won't be too fussed if it does happen.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I know that Leicester City winning the title took all the news stories away from the other clubs (except Arsenal, who should have won the league). But I am disappointed by the lack of talk or engagement about Watford. That was pretty much a damn good season from their point of view, especially for newcomers.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Fellaini is partly the reason we're in the FA cup final. He's good defensively, chips in with headers and more importantly brings some steel and physicality to an overall frail side. I think Mou will recognize what he brings to the team. He just needs to play in certain situations and not every game.

I know he's not terrible, but he was so badly misused and overused this year that it infuriated me and I just want to see him gone.

Forgot about Depay. It would be foolish to give up after one season because the talent is there, just needs to put it together. Plus missed Luke Shaw's presence a lot this season. I hope we don't sell him, but won't be too fussed if it does happen.

I don't disagree, but Depay is virtually the opposite type of player that Mourinho has usually used in that position. So when you combine that with a brutally underperforming season, I could easily see Mourinho moving him out for something like 20M and using that money elsewhere.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I'm pretty sure it surfaced on this board: what was the major offensive category that James Milner led either England or Europe in? It was something ridiculous that you wouldn't expect of James Milner.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Quick glance at whoscored shows he has 4 goals and 11 assists in all comps in 2016. That seems really low for top 5 in Europe. Was it top 5 for non-forwards?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Ahh, straight assists. Yea that makes more sense. 11 in all comps in 5 months is a pretty significant number.

IIRC he had that crazy stretch where he got something like 8 in the span of 2 and a half weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad