Premier League 15/16 II: Let's All Try (and Fail) to Hate the Foxes

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
We've only scored about 10 at home.

0-0 halftime scoreline is easy money.

Yea. United have only scored 9 first half home goals all year. 2 of those were own goals and three were by Rashford who no one had heard of before February. :laugh: Overall they've got 24 goals at home.

They've kept 12 clean sheets at home (4 of which were goalless draws)

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Anyway, with the United win here's how the Europa spots will play out.

United: Group Stage spot
Southampton: Group Stage spot if United win the FA Cup. Qualifying spot if Crystal Palace win
Crystal Palace: Group Stage spot if they win the FA Cup. Nothing if they don't.
West Ham: Qualifying spot if United win the FA Cup. Nothing if Palace wins.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
In fact, money guaranteed very little this season. When it came to star performances, none of the 10 biggest signings of the 2015-16 campaign - Kevin de Bruyne (£55m), Raheem Sterling (£49m), Anthony Martial (£36m), Christian Benteke (£32.5m), Nicolas Otamendi (£32m), Memphis Depay (£31m), Roberto Firmino (£29m), Morgan Schneiderlin (£25m), Son Heung-min (£22m) or Pedro (£21m) - feature in lists of the most effective performers.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36255713

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
de Bruyne and Firmino were both very effective but missed time due to injury, and Firmino also was eased more into the team at the beginning of the season before Klopp arrived.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew has been speaking ahead of Saturday's FA Cup final against Manchester United. Pardew played in the 1990 final between the teams, which United won after a replay. "1990 in many ways made this club," he said. "It would be good for football, for the DNA of this club to win a trophy, we play street football, with players from different roots. This group has the opportunity to put something permanent there, the first major trophy for this club."
http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/35944848

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
I see Manchester United dominating possession in Saturday's FA Cup final and Crystal Palace will have to play at a high tempo to disrupt them and cause them any problems. Palace have played on the break all season, because they have quick forwards who can be their match-winners. But United's patient approach will not see them committing many men forward, and opportunities for Alan Pardew's side to counter-attack will be few and far between.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/35944872

I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl of British football tomorrow.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm ready for one of the most quintessential LvG performances ever. Possession is going to be something like 75/25 but United will have maybe 3 chances all day.

He's already said that 1-0 is the perfect win in this game because of you lose you leave with nothing. He is the ultimate in "playing not to lose" and it's absolutely infuriating.

Obviously I want a win, but part of me is actually hoping for a loss because it remove any possible reason he has for staying. Don't get me wrong, he *should* be gone regardless, but I fear he'll be able to spin some garbage about how injuries hurt us and we ended up only out of the top for on goal differential. It's absolute garbage, but I'm scared it'll work.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
I'm ready for one of the most quintessential LvG performances ever. Possession is going to be something like 75/25 but United will have maybe 3 chances all day. He's already said that 1-0 is the perfect win in this game because of you lose you leave with nothing. He is the ultimate in "playing not to lose" and it's absolutely infuriating. Obviously I want a win, but part of me is actually hoping for a loss because it remove any possible reason he has for staying. Don't get me wrong, he *should* be gone regardless, but I fear he'll be able to spin some garbage about how injuries hurt us and we ended up only out of the top for on goal differential. It's absolute garbage, but I'm scared it'll work.

Pleat: FA Cup win ‘wouldn’t matter’ for the future of Van Gaal
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03vsscv

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
CjF_YJsWkAE7k53.jpg

:biglaugh:

XO

Nov 4, 2009
CjIye26XAAAIlV7.jpg

Next season will be amazing with Mou, Pep, Klopp, Wenger, Conte.. Pochettino, Ranieri, Bilic, so many interesting names. Manchester derby with Mou and hopefully Zlatan against Pep.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Feel a bit saddened by this. LvG, unlike Moyes, did a lot of good things. Winning the FA Cup, placing faith on youth, solidifying the defense (particularly Smalling and Valencia), and improving the squad from the dross that Moyes left behind are pretty solid accomplishments. If we weren't so riddled with injuries at the end of last year, who knows where we'd be right now. Not to mention his press conferences were gold. All those comments about needing players to be horny and sex masochism were :laugh:

Still, a change in leadership was necessary. Our play for the most part was dull, inconsistent and lacking goals. I definitely won't miss his strange substitutions, making Phil Jones take corners and putting Ashley Young in at center forward.

Hope he has a good retirement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->